Official 2016 Staff Changes

I like how the blue stars are rebuilding their old visual program back to their 8th place corps. Putting that with the music that's been successful the last couple years will be interesting. Hopefully they steer away from a dissonance style show.

Blue Stars BRASS has not been over 11th since 2010 . 6 seasons ago.

• Like 1

Blue Stars BRASS has not been over 11th since 2010 . 6 seasons ago.

I guess that is why they made a change in caption head last year. The placement might not have shown it, but they were better in 2015 than 2014, in my opinion. We will see if the improvement in placement comes in 2016. Staging may play a role and I am sure they expect improvement there.

YES, As he BOLTS to BLUECOATS.

He is a consultant at Bluecoats. He is in charge of the educational staff at Troopers. Present tense. And is doing a great job, thanks to a patient and professional administration.

• Like 1

He is a consultant at Bluecoats. He is in charge of the educational staff at Troopers. Present tense. And is doing a great job, thanks to a patient and professional administration.

He's also a consultant with Madison. Will be interesting to see how he spreads himself out.

He's also a consultant with Madison. Will be interesting to see how he spreads himself out.

Some of the challenges before him can be done on computer, via skype, via midis, etc.or on short term drop-ins, such as initial design meetings and discussion. In this techo age having everyone all the time on tour is not the reality. His job titles seem more for inspiration and infusion rather than being didactic and pedantic.

BITD it was not unheard of for folks like Pepe Notaro, Joe Genaro, Eric Perilloux, Hy Dreitzer, etc. to have a different corps to teach every day of the week in Metro-NY/Boston/Greater Philadelphia 1-95 stretch.

But be assured, wherever Donnie Van Doren is present his impact will be energetic, practical, musical and immediate.

I look to see more good corps given his track record.

Edited by xandandl