Official 2016 Staff Changes

Word is that Joe Philbin will be available as early as Monday for interviews for field productions for next year. He's traveling back at the moment from London, where the European Championships are taking place ,and should be available soon. Stay tuned.

Edited by BRASSO

I'm fairly certain the guard was highlighted consistently by most observers (and judges) as the corps major weakness. Being as the brass & drums finished #1 and #2 - it is pretty obvious

Being as they just squeaked the 1 and 2 and the other 7 captions went 4,4,3,4,4,3,4, I'm going to stand by my conclusion that no, color guard did not cost Cadets the championship.

There are actually some other good corps out there who deserve the medals they earned.

• Like 1

Being as they just squeaked the 1 and 2 and the other 7 captions went 4,4,3,4,4,3,4, I'm going to stand by my conclusion that no, color guard did not cost Cadets the championship.

There are actually some other good corps out there who deserve the medals they earned.

If the color guard did not cost them the championship please inform me on what did? From what i saw in person and can recall the guard work and overall package was subpar compared to other years so yes,the guard did lower their final scores incredibly. "Squeaking" out 1st or 2nd in other captions wasn't a fluke especially in such an intense season within the top 5. Yes, cadets did not medal but their "squeaks" were not luck. Then again I'm not a DCP politician so what do I know :) Edited by Screamer

Word is that Joe Philbin will be available as early as Monday for interviews for field productions for next year. He's traveling back at the moment from London, where the European Championships are taking place ,and should be available soon. Stay tuned.

He did his best work in Wisconsin, so I am guessing he will try to get back to the land of cheese and beer.

• Like 1

do other corps have a front ensemble caption head?

is this a new thing that will be happening?

There is generally someone in charge of the front ensemble, but whether or not they're called a "caption head" or not seems to depend on the corps. The structure I've seen more often is a caption head over the percussion ensemble, and a pair of coordinators for front and battery respectively.

There is generally someone in charge of the front ensemble, but whether or not they're called a "caption head" or not seems to depend on the corps. The structure I've seen more often is a caption head over the percussion ensemble, and a pair of coordinators for front and battery respectively.

gotcha, thanks. I only remember hearing about "percussion" caption heads previously... but I admit to not paying really close attention to everyone's staff announcements and titles.

Agreed and guard is NOT the caption to have a weakness. (I.e.: Crown with a 5th place percussion still won GE),,

This sounds so weird to me, still. I can remember not too long ago that guard didn't even factor in on the sheets, except to contribute to overall visual and GE. Now, a good guard can make up for weaknesses in areas that used to cost you placements. I'm still not sure I like it either, but that's the way the activity seems to like it.

This sounds so weird to me, still. I can remember not too long ago that guard didn't even factor in on the sheets, except to contribute to overall visual and GE. Now, a good guard can make up for weaknesses in areas that used to cost you placements. I'm still not sure I like it either, but that's the way the activity seems to like it.

It carried way more weight than most want to admit, even back in the day. We are a visual activity.