Bloooooooooooo! Bluecoats Official 2016 Thread

So July is when they come to your town, right? :silly:

I want to know the details of their show too, but I'm not ready to get that angry with them. They have a good track record for entertaining shows.

Actually they are in the show I'm going to in NJ on July 1 so I'll forgive them June 30th👍
  • Like 1

Actually they are in the show I'm going to in NJ on July 1 so I'll forgive them June 30th

hehe.

I do wish they'd just announce too.

Okay but other than us crazy DCPers, does anyone REALLY care whether the Bluecoats announce now or on June 23rd? No.

We live in the distortion field of DCP and it's important to realize that we're only a very proportion of the fans who follow DCI

Well yeah, DCI and groups feel they have the longtime dedicated fan (The crazy drum corps nut) already (DCP'ers included). They know the drum corps nut will be there no matter what they do or don't do. I just don't think secrecy is the way to promote or generate the most hype for something..just an opinion.

I mean shoot, they didn't even keep the hugely anticipated Star Wars the Force Awakens this quiet and secretive :silly::cool:

Edited by Triple Forte

Fair enough. Still, keeping the show quiet is the choice the staff has made, and even if I wish it had been proclaimed to the four winds, it is still their choice to keep it quiet and the members respect that choice, so who am I to question it? I was at the ensemble rehearsal again tonight, and was blown away ... Let me rephrase that ... I was BLOWN AWAY! They have made so much more progress in the past two days than I would have thought possible. Yes, everything I saw was Memorial Day clean, but then again, it is Memorial Day, and after a gazillion years of seeing drum corps at the end of May, I know what to expect by Memorial Day. (Full disclosure: my wife considers me a glass half empty kind of guy, but I think of myself as a realist, not a honk ... then again, I bet most honks consider themselves realists too, but I digress.) Relative to last year, they are on track. And even though I watched the rehearsal, I still have no clue what the overarching concept is. But please remember, I have only seen the opening minutes of the program, and only heard the ballad in the warmup. I am very intrigued, more than a little excited, and I can't wait to see how it all fits.

Thanks for sharing some info. regarding what you saw and heard.....

I was really hoping they'd announce - I can't make predictions about placements if I don't know what kind of show everyone is doing, Depending on how good the theme is, BCoats could either take 1st or 5th, and it's going to be difficult to make a prediction without having that info that all the other corps have put out already.

Some additional thoughts from the last few ensemble rehearsals without giving away the farm:

The trumpet line is very talented from top to bottom, and Doug Thrower, who is very good at writing to the talent level, was given the green light to open up his playbook. They really have some sick licks.

Low brass is solid as a rock.

Sixteen tubas, again, although on Saturday, only 13 were on the field which increased to 15 last night (graduation absences).

The bass drum line is crazy good (this coming from a brass guy).

Visually, the program is very interesting, but unfortunately, I can't give any details away at this time.

The music I have heard has an old school vibe, but with a Bluecoats audio landscape polish layered onto it.

• Like 3

https://www.facebook.com/Bluecoats/videos/10156972113155710/

2016 show music

Edited by blueorginal