Bloooooooooooo! Bluecoats Official 2016 Thread

Just listened to the lineup of source music. Definitely a head bobbing rhythmic thread going through several of the pieces. Drumspeak, anyone?

I'm so excited for this show!!!

even the KKK could groove to this stuff

lol...ouch....not sure I would even post anything like the above....

I think this staff is going all out...obvious they think they are ready to step up to the next level and come away with a 1st place finish...not going to be easy...got to be one of the most difficult things in the world to go out and beat all of Cadets, Crown, Blue Devils, plus everyone else, all on the very last night of the season...Crown knows that all too well.

I wish them luck and I hope I enjoy their show.

I just don't see how withholding the show title/theme from everyone is going to help their chances...sure, it may create some excitement...might help ticket sales for the theater, and I hope that is what they're aiming for, because it might work - (I may just go out and ask for that day off work...or at least leave for 3 hours or so and then come back, since I work 2nd shift) but I really don't think judges will either reward or punish them for this kind of thing...if anything, it might hurt - since judges won't really be knowing what to think about, how to integrate the theme into their general effect scores - this might be one of those shows that will just keep growing and not peaking until the very end.

In fact, I think I might just go out on a limb and pick them for the gold - not like I can wait to know their title before I can make that decision, so I might as well make it now.

I hope the electronics don't take too much from the show - I felt their brass was drowned out a little too much from it the past couple of seasons - not that I don't like electronics, but brass shouldn't be 2nd to the synthesizers - which is kinda how I felt.

What will either make them or break them though will be visual program.

lol...ouch....not sure I would even post anything like the above....

I think this staff is going all out...obvious they think they are ready to step up to the next level and come away with a 1st place finish...not going to be easy...got to be one of the most difficult things in the world to go out and beat all of Cadets, Crown, Blue Devils, plus everyone else, all on the very last night of the season...Crown knows that all too well.

I wish them luck and I hope I enjoy their show.

I just don't see how withholding the show title/theme from everyone is going to help their chances...sure, it may create some excitement...might help ticket sales for the theater, and I hope that is what they're aiming for, because it might work - (I may just go out and ask for that day off work...or at least leave for 3 hours or so and then come back, since I work 2nd shift) but I really don't think judges will either reward or punish them for this kind of thing...if anything, it might hurt - since judges won't really be knowing what to think about, how to integrate the theme into their general effect scores - this might be one of those shows that will just keep growing and not peaking until the very end.

In fact, I think I might just go out on a limb and pick them for the gold - not like I can wait to know their title before I can make that decision, so I might as well make it now.

I hope the electronics don't take too much from the show - I felt their brass was drowned out a little too much from it the past couple of seasons - not that I don't like electronics, but brass shouldn't be 2nd to the synthesizers - which is kinda how I felt.

What will either make them or break them though will be visual program.

I think that it is the staff's intent that this show keeps growing until the very end, but I also think that virtually all corps have this goal as well.

So far from I have seen, which granted is only the opening minutes of the show, the electronics do not overpower the brass (or percussion for that matter) at all. You may be pleasantly pleased with the soundscape.

I also think recent history has proved that visual programs are paramount to the success of all corps. So far, this visual program is proving to be very interesting,

I think that it is the staff's intent that this show keeps growing until the very end, but I also think that virtually all corps have this goal as well.

So far from I have seen, which granted is only the opening minutes of the show, the electronics do not overpower the brass (or percussion for that matter) at all. You may be pleasantly pleased with the soundscape.

I also think recent history has proved that visual programs are paramount to the success of all corps. So far, this visual program is proving to be very interesting,

When I saw only 8 members of the front ensemble and then hearing the music played, I thought it sounded great; struck a nice balance, but apparently not all the front ensemble was present when I saw them according to OldBandGuy.

When I saw only 8 members of the front ensemble and then hearing the music played, I thought it sounded great; struck a nice balance, but apparently not all the front ensemble was present when I saw them according to OldBandGuy.

I didn't count on Monday, but I noticed they picked up a few members in the front ensemble from their graduation absence. The additional members did not hamper the balance.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer

Interesting in a good way or bad way?!!!!

Haha! Touché! I think the visual program is very cool, but I can't get into why I think it is since the staff and members want to keep it under wraps. On Saturday, there were signs prominently displayed asking visitors not to film or record any of the ensemble rehearsal because they don't want recordings or even still pictures being put up on the intertubes before they are ready. I think by extension, they don't want us to describe what they are up to. I know, it is frustrating, but I don't want to be the one to go against their wishes.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 1