Bloooooooooooo! Bluecoats Official 2016 Thread

Little work??? That comment makes absolute zero sense.

I loved the front ensemble book last year.......was a bit understated, but it really enhanced the minimalist tone of the show.

Think he's trying to say the source music didn't lend itself to being very exciting for the front ensemble. Can't say I necessarily agree, but I think that's what he meant.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 1

I'm getting a 2005's Caravan has a baby with 2014's Tilt kinda vibe. . . .

Wish they would just announce the title, but this is plenty to chew on in the coming weeks.

Cara-tilt? Tilt-avan?

No, not little work, I said little to work WITH. Last year they based heavily on minimalist music, and I heard multiple comments on here and from judges tapes about how they were doing they best they could with the music they had. This year, two of the songs from the rep are extremely heavily marimba and pit percussion based. Chill, and learn to actually read what I wrote before saying it made "zero sense."

Edit: https://youtu.be/D6H7aJBB8gE?t=8m27s What he said.

Edited by noahsigs
  • Like 3

No, not little work, I said little to work WITH. Last year they based heavily on minimalist music, and I heard multiple comments on here and from judges tapes about how they were doing they best they could with the music they had. This year, two of the songs from the rep are extremely heavily marimba and pit percussion based. Chill, and learn to actually read what I wrote before saying it made "zero sense."

Damnn you got told Edited by Cappybara
  • Like 3

Just saw some sheet music excerpts from the show. This show is going to groove so hard and many babies will be thrown.

One of my favorite comments ever.

Edit: Let me say, I'm usually not the biggest fan of percussion... but I can NOT wait to hear this from their freaking fantastic percussion section. Front ensemble has some work cut out for them. Speaking of which, I can't wait to hear that either. They might actually be my favorite (bar Crown) show this year by a landslide.

Freaking excited!

Edited by Zerix

I loved the front ensemble book last year. There was plenty of depth and difficulty.

I loved the front ensemble book last year. There was plenty of depth and difficulty.

That's fair! I liked it too, I guess their rep just makes the writer's job easier haha

I'm gonna slap the first person who says Tilt 3.0. Only know the Metheny and the Pink Floyd, need to check out the rest. Crossmen 2002's opener is one of my all time favorites, so that excites me quite a bit.

This could be my favorite show of the season. The Metheny stuff is great, but Bluecoats playing Great Gig in the Sky? OMFG, that's going to be incredible!

The rest of the show music sounds interesting too. Um, they just shot to the top of my list of corps to see. LOVE IT!

With the exception of the Pink Floyd, I'm getting a very modernized "Caravan" feel with this music...