Bloooooooooooo! Bluecoats Official 2016 Thread

Sure, but it has been suggested that it would be better for the activity if a corps other than BD wins which I don't buy. If anything, the activity has seemed to have a bit of a resurgence during the time of BD's dominance with increasing number of corps popping up and increasing audience numbers

Imagine how huge this activity would be if blue Devils win the next 20 championships!

• Like 1

That's why it's winning. There is literally no downside.

Actually, that would be illogical, Captain. If the downside is up, then the weakness is exposed. The logical choice would be to protect the weakness, not bring it to the "up" position. That position, Mr. skevinp, would not only be unavailing, but also undignified.

Man, you are a funny guy! Ask any 1995 Blue Devil what they think of Buffalo. LOL. It's actually far from a favorite for the Blue Devils. The people are great and all, but historically it hasn't been friendly to the corps from a competitive standpoint.

Come on now. In the last 8 years BD has competed in Buffalo 7 times. This year is the only one in which they finished 2nd. All other finishes were 1st. In 2001 finals were in Buffalo and BD finished 2nd. Having a bad taste in your mouth for over 2 decades is really beyond the pale. Forget about it. BD has done very well THIS CENTURY in Buffalo. Maybe they have not been perfect, but certainly they have nothing to complain about. I truly doubt that the Blue Devil organization is as negative about Buffalo as you are.

Imagine how huge this activity would be if blue Devils win the next 20 championships!

You said it, not me

Come on now. In the last 8 years BD has competed in Buffalo 7 times. This year is the only one in which they finished 2nd. All other finishes were 1st. In 2001 finals were in Buffalo and BD finished 2nd. Having a bad taste in your mouth for over 2 decades is really beyond the pale. Forget about it. BD has done very well THIS CENTURY in Buffalo. Maybe they have not been perfect, but certainly they have nothing to complain about. I truly doubt that the Blue Devil organization is as negative about Buffalo as you are.

Also, they rehearse at Ralph Wilson during Finals week almost every year. That's why I consider the Buffalo show to be their "east coast home show" (as opposed to their actual "home show" in Riverside).

You said it, not me

That's obviously sarcasm. It would not be good for ANY corps to win the next 20 championships.

Look at how many people are frustrated with what they've been winning recently.

If a bunch of the score is based upon design, having the same champion each year with the same design would get stale for the activity.

Just my thought though.

• Like 1

I just think it's amusing to call it a "home show". I didn't know that winning a show consistently was part of the criteria. I guess Indy is a home show too? ;) Now I'm negative about it? Not even negative, just passing on the LOL's from some 1995 alumni. Look at where they went from quarters to semis to finals. You'll get it...I hope.

Come on now. In the last 8 years BD has competed in Buffalo 7 times. This year is the only one in which they finished 2nd. All other finishes were 1st. In 2001 finals were in Buffalo and BD finished 2nd. Having a bad taste in your mouth for over 2 decades is really beyond the pale. Forget about it. BD has done very well THIS CENTURY in Buffalo. Maybe they have not been perfect, but certainly they have nothing to complain about. I truly doubt

I just think it's amusing to call it a "home show". I didn't know that winning a show consistently was part of the criteria. I guess Indy is a home show too? ;) Now I'm negative about it? Not even negative, just passing on the LOL's from some 1995 alumni. Look at where they went from quarters to semis to finals. You'll get it...I hope.

It's 21 years ago, I doubt if very many of the current MM were even walking. I didn't refer to it as a "home show" but whoever did might be meaning something like "of the TOC shows, this is the one where BD goes on last". As does each of the other regular TOC Corps, when the TOC is in their home territory. Winning consistently at venue seems a better criteria for feeling good about that venue, at least better than a two decades old experience. And no one forces BD to perform there. It is the choice of those in charge of corps. But if you want, please inform them that this memory of (at least those who you were LOLing for, if you won't take responsibility for what you wrote) is extremely bad.

That's obviously sarcasm. It would not be good for ANY corps to win the next 20 championships.

Look at how many people are frustrated with what they've been winning recently.

If a bunch of the score is based upon design, having the same champion each year with the same design would get stale for the activity.

Just my thought though.

I know, and I'm not suggesting that BD winning every single year is good for the activity. But that's clearly not the case, they aren't invincible.

So what is supposed to happen? Award corps the gold over BD for the sake of keeping the fans happy? Idk about others, but if a corps is out designing and outperforming other corps, they deserve the gold. Just my opinion.

• Like 1