Chart you want to hear now with electronics

I'd really like to hear a top 12 corps' take on William Bolcom's "Machine". It was last played by the Cavaliers in 1998 and I think it has potential to be modernized with electronic sounds and a strong percussion section.

What are others you think would be good???

I'd really like to hear a top 12 corps' take on William Bolcom's "Machine". It was last played by the Cavaliers in 1998 and I think it has potential to be modernized with electronic sounds and a strong percussion section.

What are others you think would be good???

That is a good one. I aranged it for the band I teach a few years back as our closer. GREAT high energy piece...did not recall that the Cavies had used it.

BD 2000. Specifically the back half; the opening slow bits (from Taxi Driver) were fine as-is, and "On Dangerous Ground" has been done since electronics came in.

More specifically, I want the Blue Stars to have done a revised/modernized version of BD 2000 instead of the Bourne show in '11. But that's neither here nor there.

I no more want to hear a particular piece that originally had electronics done for that reason with electronics in drum corps than I want to hear a corps play Barber's Adagio for Strings with actual strings or Ticheli's Blue Shades with a clarinet solo. The originals already exist; what I want is to hear how they translate to the medium of drum corps.

• Like 3

I no more want to hear a particular piece that originally had electronics done for that reason with electronics in drum corps than I want to hear a corps play Barber's Adagio for Strings with actual strings or Ticheli's Blue Shades with a clarinet solo. The originals already exist; what I want is to hear how they translate to the medium of drum corps.

Actually, hearing those pieces as you describe would be great on the field in DCI! :devil::starwars: