Blog Posts are Killing DCA, not the Reading Buccaneers

Well seems like they give trophy's for everything else...lol

well they did cut a few out over the years

• Like 2

Well seems like they give trophy's for everything else...lol

Why did I think of the Moosic cops for some reason....... "And for biggest over reaction to a non-problem.....".

• Like 4

Flashback to 1991-1992 ... Skyliners Alumni (not a corps yet, just in the stands) vs. a Rookie Moosic cop ... setting the stage: Walter Winkelman (wheelchair bound) wanted to sit by his close friends who were in the last row by the walkway ... it was not a designated wheelchair area and the rookie took exception and tried to physically remove Winky ... at that point Winky grabbed the back of a seat and whoever was caretaking him bellowed out "NEW YORK" ... at that moment, all of us instantly rushed to his aid and surrounded the rookie ... and I mean surrounded ... there had to be 40-50 of us that were there in two seconds ... the rookie held firm until is Sargent looked at us - shrugged his shoulders - and told the rookie to stand down ... it got tense ... it would not have been a good outcome for either side ... and for sure, they would have won ... but for that brief moment civility won out and Winky got to stay where he was ...

:-)

Why did I think of the Moosic cops for some reason....... "And for biggest over reaction to a non-problem.....".

• Like 2

Only year I was at Scranton I got chased for standing behind the railing and a corps was getting ready to perform. Not a biggie but cop kept eyeballing me rest of the weekend. Sunday night we were leaving and walked by same cop. I gave him a cheery "Thank You" on the way out.... and he looked like he dropped a load in his pants in shock. It was that huge guy on the lower level....

• Like 1

he many CYO corps sponsored by the Catholic Churches were losing funding and support before DCI ever came along. St Mary's Cardinals became the Beverly Cardinals, Sacred Heart became the Manville Crusaders (right Fran???). Most of the Saint this and Saint that and other Catholic corps just folded...a lot of them before or just into the DCI era.

Hey Mike don't forget the BIG ONE! St. Andrews became the Bayonne Bridgemen.

Edited by Bucbari

Hey Mike don't forget the BIG ONE! St. Andrews became the Bayonne Bridgemen. I know they were on the field for a number of years after the advent of DCI. I agree with you alot of corps that were sponsored by the churches didn't the DCI era.