Cadets 2016

Tobias

DCI does not have Guard judges the first week of the season, so there was no need to comment on it at that time , as they were not judging this caption unto itself. There were no Guard scores available as such the 1st week of the season to comment about on here. But there were already whispers out and about, beyond DCP, that the Cadets Guard would be subpar ( for them ) last summer. Once the Guard caption was judged a few weeks later, there was then ample posting and resultant discussion on here of their subpar Guard from that point on..

Moving forward, the elimination of published subcaption recaps this summer, will lead to even more rumors apart from this board on Corps deficiencies that will not be readily available to most until late in the season. But those with access to the Corps recaps ( and the recaps WILL be available via secret channels ) will lead to more widespread rumors this summer, which despite the loss of transparancy, should lead to more intrigue among the DCI fanbase, if nothing else. Once freely available to the public information is withdrawn from the public, rumors naturally will then fill that void it would seem to me. I would expect DCP Rumor Central thus to be working overdrive this season, as a result. Whether that proves a good thing or a bad thing for the activity, only time will tell us.

Cadets guard has been sub par for some years now. Hopefully the new staff will be an imorovement.

***With the exception of 2014***

Yes. 2014 was solid but that's the exception not the rule. 2013, 2015 train wrecks.

Yes. 2014 was solid but that's the exception not the rule. 2013, 2015 train wrecks.

Not being a guard person, I imagine the mm spun/tossed well and their formations were good, so was it how they were staged that hurt them, or was their execution bad?

Not being a guard person, I imagine the mm spun/tossed well and their formations were good, so was it how they were staged that hurt them, or was their execution bad?

When I say train wreck for Cadets that means not perfect. This corps is amazing but guard staging has been bad and work too busy at times.
  • Like 1

When I say train wreck for Cadets that means not perfect. This corps is amazing on all levels most years but guard staging has been bad and work too busy at times.
  • Like 1

When I say train wreck for Cadets that means not perfect. This corps is amazing on all levels most years but guard staging has been bad and work too busy at times.

Here's hoping this year might be different BUT Joe ( new staff ) has a tendency of over writing everything.

With that said , he is smart and at the level of this program there will be enough around to make things happen and more of a collaborative effort.

Personally ( and I rarely comment on a writer or specifics of any guard( although I did above ) mostly in response of the too busy statement, but will say I thought the rifle line was great last year. I did think lacking was in the flag program ( in many aspects ) YES , that's just one persons opinion but something I had to give a double look at and wonder right from the beginning. jmo

You are 100% RIGHT THOUGH Cadets train wreck can be another's excellent....lol.. perfection in Cadets style works against them and others who achieve high levels at times. competition becomes with themselves more than others at that point.

Edited by GUARDLING

Cadets 2015 had phenomenal Drums and" Bugles" ( Brass ) marcher talent. Together, the best talent in DCI last year, imo...

If only having having great, performing Drums and Brass playing meant a lot on today's revised modern judging sheets The Cadets might have won it all last season.... or at the very least, medaled.

But of course... as we all know by now.... as its been said a million times on here.... playing the Drums well, and playing the Bugles well isn't the pathway to a DCI Title, and there is no real reason to go into once again on here as to where the most points are to be found on todays judging sheets. The 2015 Cadets never had a chance. They lost their chance of winning ( or even medaling ) from that deficiency, and it was as clear as a bell by the 1st week of the season, last summer.

Crown should have been 4th. I would have had it BD/Coats (close) and Cadets with a large gap before Crown. JMO which I know doesn't count lol

WHAT? Stop exaggerating. There were 4 other guards that just outperformed them but they were not a train wreck. If that's the case, what were the guards level of performance below Cadets guard? Your point is understood without a train wreck reference.

• Like 1