Cadets 2016

Tobias

If the Cadets can make those uniforms work with Kings going off to war, West Side Story, the American West, Heaven and Hell, etc., I'm sure they can make the uniforms work with Columns.

I'm saying they didn't really "work" with Kings for example. I personally thought at the time it looked ridiculous. And now with a modern sensibility it looks horrific in hindsight. Knights with rifles with westpoint corps proper? Ick.

I'm saying they didn't really "work" with Kings for example. I personally thought at the time it looked ridiculous. And now with a modern sensibility it looks horrific in hindsight. Knights with rifles with westpoint corps proper? Ick.

Well, the clothes don't make the man. Besides, the show was pretty-well-put-together (imo) that the uniform wasn't really that much of a big of a deal. It seemed to me that the guard was more of the focus anyway in that show, and judging from one of GH's videos about the show THIS year, it seems to be more guard-focused as well.

and meanwhile he continues to run one of the top marching-music organizations in the entire world lol

True.

Could not the same complaint of rifles in '93 be made of 99% of the shows marched by all corps in DCI?

Rifles in OOTW, Fellini, etc. stretching all the way back to the very first DCI in Whitewater? If there is to be a consistency of logic in show design, it must be consistent to all.

That '92 & '93 rifle lines had some amazing individuals who continue to define the DCI and WGI activity; Keith Potter, Adam Sage, John Escalante, Andy Toth, Craig Biesecker are but a few of the names who spun those Cadet rifles in the early nineties.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 2

2ac5bb4cfc39de94111bdd4bb984c2dc.jpg

Stoned !

• Like 1

If the Cadets can make those uniforms work with Kings going off to war, West Side Story, the American West, Heaven and Hell, etc., I'm sure they can make the uniforms work with Columns.

That was a different time. GE judges want a 100% commitment to a concept. Even BD has fluffed up their uniforms the past few seasons,