Cadets 2016

Tobias

I have been loving the flam work from this snareline for quite some time now. I remember the criticisms they received in the past for the overuse of paradiddlediddles. LOL! I found it ironic considering they were winning Sanfords year after year at the time.

There are some righteous hands in this line. I'm going to enjoy following them this season. It's too bad we won't see recaps until the end of the season. It takes out half the fun of complaining about judges.

• Like 1

so - this video, the snare drummer with the blue water jug (light grey shirt) is so awesome it's not even funny

playing that aggressively and that deep into the drum in January

I guess he's a vet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7LMiAY-Iig

That's Pat. He was the center snare from 2015. He marched 2014 as well (Next to center snare). This is his age out year and yes he is definitely a beast. That whole snare line is beefy this year.

• Like 1

so - this video, the snare drummer with the blue water jug (light grey shirt) is so awesome it's not even funny

playing that aggressively and that deep into the drum in January

I guess he's a vet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7LMiAY-Iig

Center snare 15-16 and near center in 14. He's very very intense but that's to be expected in the line. They are all very intense, underrated last year, should have won when you look at book and demand but I know, demand means nothing now.

• Like 3

Good morning!

Today's episode of 'Composer's Datebook' from American Public Media features Ron Nelson's 'Rocky Point Holiday.' Today is the 49th anniversary of its premiere at the annual convention of the College Band Directors National Association. Listen to the episode and you just might hear a shout-out to your favorite drum and bugle corps.

Center snare 15-16 and near center in 14. He's very very intense but that's to be expected in the line. They are all very intense, underrated last year, should have won when you look at book and demand but I know, demand means nothing now.

last year was terrific, but I think the tenor line may have been stronger on BD. Remember all the injuries and subs on the tenors in 15...

That's Pat. He was the center snare from 2015. He marched 2014 as well (Next to center snare). This is his age out year and yes he is definitely a beast. That whole snare line is beefy this year.

Thanks. Crazy good. I'll have to congratulate him when I get to see them this summer.

Well I wasn't sure I wanted to put someone's name out there without his consent but yes Patrick is an amazing Cadet and phenomenal drummer.

Edited by Tobias
  • Like 1

Well I wasn't sure I wanted to put someone's name out there without his consent but yes Patrick is an amazing Cadet and phenomenal drummer.

Goofy off the field though, which amazing considering how intense he is on the drum. Here's an example of a less intense Pat

Edited by Jeffe77

Goofy off the field though, which amazing considering how intense he is on the drum. Here's an example of a less intense Pat

He's a great Cadet and person. He plays around but turns on the intensity when needed.
  • Like 1