The Cavaliers' Recent Fall in the Standings

It's like we're stuck in a washing machine on the spin cycle with these bad cavalier jokes.

...... it could be far worse, imo...How 'bout being stuck on one of the far reaching Planets with Billy Joel ?

Edited by BRASSO

I'd rather crash and burn like Firebird did.

You have a point... even Firebird isn't Immortal.

• Like 1

This thread needs a Samurai. There's too great of a Divide in this Mad World of a thread. It's XtraordinarY that's it's still going on....

Bazinga...

This thread needs a Samurai. There's too great of a Divide in this Mad World of a thread. .

It Ain't Neccessarily So.

Bottom line.... Cavaliers will get back to medaling only until such time as they are 1st and or 2nd with the Blue Devils in Guard. Otherwise, Cavs will be in the 5th-8th spot most years in the coming future, imo. Madison Scouts, another All Male Corps, havn't won a DCI Title now in 27 years... long before any of todays's MM's ( and young staffers ) were even born..

But Cavailers were 3rd overall in 2008 (and would have been 2nd except for Phantom's amazing Finals week), 2nd overall in 2010, 3rd overall in 2011 (and looked unbeatable in the early season)... then, score-wise, fell apart. I don't know if saying "all male guard" makes that happen. Clearly there was more than one simple answer, I get that, but I'm not sure what exactly happened there. This wasn't a gradual decline, and history has shown it wasn't a bump in the road either. A top 3 corps before became a top 8 corps after pretty much in one summer, and that's what's so mysterious.

Mike

• Like 1

Bully for you!

Man... I could search the four corners of the Earth and not find anything to top that!!! :lle:

• Like 1

A top 3 corps before became a top 8 corps after pretty much in one summer, and that's what's so mysterious.

Now you've done it MN. We could get another long post about the departure of M. Gaines and the effect that had on the Cavies.

Now you've done it MN. We could get another long post about the departure of M. Gaines and the effect that had on the Cavies.

I want to thank you that 95% of your 3,000 posts on here Ghost are less than 3 sentences long. It allows me ( and I'm sure others ) to read them in less than a nano second. Surprisingly, when you talk, you go on forever. I guess thats just our mutual style. Either one of us know when we've heard enough from one another in whichever forum we are at. I would personally consider that a good thing on the whole. Also, thank you for the brevity that allows you to never to suffer the " outrageous " incivility of ever having ever repeated yourself on something or other on here. Its probably the 3 sentences or less format of your frequent postings that we can attribute to your success for this. But as for me, I'll stick with my 50 year adopted style of posting, as flawed as it may be, and will likewise provide you with my uncritical deferment to allow you to post with your 3 sentences or less brevity that you are most comfortable posting with as well. Sound fair enough to you ?

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1