No Detailed Recaps

All DCI Judges have reportedly been made to sign a non disclosure agreement whereby they have agreed to never send nor receive DCI classified information, such as DCI Show scoring recaps. Even if the recaps were not marked as " recaps ", all DCI judges are expected to know that a " recap " is now considered classified, top secret DCI info, and as such, DCI classified info such as show recaps is not to be shared with other judges. Failure to comply with this non disclosure agreement by a Judge could lead to promotion to Executive Directorship of DCI in the future.

You realize this discussion could go into a very different direction based on your statement of classification and security of the information, right?

I don't want to get stricken by the mods. So, back to the scoring recaps we must go! :>

But I still see it as a statistic I am interested in. If I don't get to watch a game, I still like to see if they won by having a great passing game or did their running game wear down their defense.

DCI will still post summary recaps.....

"In place of the customary detailed scoring run-down, a summary recap showing total score and results in overall General Effect, Visual and Music captions will be posted online immediately following the completion of each event".

It literally is like the NFL hiding offensive and defensive stats and their season rankings. Its like not knowing that the Broncos have the number 1 ranked defense in the NFL until after the season ends.

Then you couldn't keep scores because adding up the scores each week tells anyone who has the better O or D.

All DCI Judges have reportedly been made to sign a non disclosure agreement whereby they have agreed to never send nor receive DCI classified information, such as DCI Show scoring recaps. Even if the recaps were not initially marked as " recaps " wence received, all DCI judges are expected to fully recognize what a show recap looks like, and that a show recap is now considered classified, top secret, DCI information. As such, DCI classified information such as this is not to be shared with other judges. It is anticipated that a failure to comply with this non disclosure agreement by a DCi Judge could result in the penalty of a subsequent promotion to Executive Directorship of DCI in the future.

I'm not talking about the judges releasing anything.

All DCI Judges have reportedly been made to sign a non disclosure agreement whereby they have agreed to never send nor receive DCI classified information, such as DCI Show scoring recaps. Even if the recaps were not initially marked as " recaps " wence received, all DCI judges are expected to fully recognize what a show recap looks like, and that a show recap is now considered classified, top secret, DCI information.

But, it they have a private server in their basement, they better hope AG Lynch is on the DCI payroll. As Kamarag mentioned, many judges keep their own scores for future reference.

Edited by Ghost

You realize this discussion could go into a very different direction based on your statement of classification and security of the information, right?

I don't want to get stricken by the mods.

Whenever attempts at innocuous and or silly and/ or ridiculous humor raises its ugly head on here, it needs to be snuffed out immediately, imo.

Soon, we'll all need a strong nightcap to get over the loss of the recap.

• Like 1

But, it they have a private server in their basement, they better hope AG Lynch is on the DCI payroll.

Maybe we'll get lucky and be able to get these now classified, top secret DCI Show recaps, from somebody's sophisticated private server in Beijing or some such off shore foreign entity. Where theres a will, theres a way. Think positive, Ghost.

DCI will still post summary recaps.....

"In place of the customary detailed scoring run-down, a summary recap showing total score and results in overall General Effect, Visual and Music captions will be posted online immediately following the completion of each event".

... some shows will post the following.... " there will be no recaps from the Merkville, Texas show, either detailed, or summary, in the Guard Caption. This was decided after a prior agreement was reached to not provide a Guard judge for the Merkville show ".

We'd have to agree it would be pointless to require recaps of captions where the judge was in absentia.

Either that, or the recap would be quite funny and odd under the circumstances.

Edited by BRASSO

Why bother? Screen shots are quicker and easier.

entertainment value?

Judges absolutely keep a record of what numbers they assign. Heck, I have a folder with every tote sheet from every band shot I've ever judged. Drum corps judges keep their totes at a minimum for the duration of the season...you'd be shocked ho often a corps staff member will bring of previous numbers in critique conversations...I've even seen some try and get over on a judge and the judge then whip out that show's tote to prove him wrong.

oh you were with me that year?

LOL