SCV 2016

I think Channel3 (aka Steven Keaton?) is having a pretty good laugh at all of the people taking his post so seriously. (I used to not get him either...)

Who has been taking Channel3 " so seriously ", as you believe ? By my count, the vast majority of the replies to his post above are found laughing at, or at the very least having quite a bit of fun at his comments. So I'm a bit surprised that your sense is that the majority of posters who have replied to his posts on this topic are taking him " so seriously" when a quick reread of the replies above to his comments appears, from the reading of the replies, to be quite the opposite for the most part, as a matter of fact. I know I thought his comments above were a fun hoot in their sheer ridiculousness. Whether this was his intention or not, is beside the point, and irrelevant anyway, imo. Laughter, even if at someone else's expense, can be quite a liberating experience. Channel3 's comments above on this thread made me not want to turn the channel it was so hilarious. I thank him for that and hope we have future commentary from him that is in the same vein as this one from him too !

Edited by BRASSO

Who has been taking Channel3 " so seriously ", as you believe ? By my count, the vast majority of the replies to his post above are found laughing at, or at the very least having quite a bit of fun at his comments. So I'm a bit surprised that your sense is that the majority of posters who have replied to his posts on this topic are taking him " so seriously" when a quick reread of the replies above to his comments appears, from the reading of the replies, to be quite the opposite for the most part, as a matter of fact. I know I thought his comments above were a fun hoot in their sheer ridiculousness. Whether this was his intention or not, is beside the point, and irrelevant anyway, imo. Laughter, even if at someone else's expense, can be quite a liberating experience. Channel3 's comments above on this thread made me not want to turn the channel it was so hilarious. I thank him for that and hope we have future commentary from him that is in the same vein as this one from him too !

Jesus, Brasso. Sometimes I think you'd argue with a fence post. For what it's worth, I thought his post was funny too. And I never said anything about "a majority." Obviously, many people did get it. I wasn't referring to them. (Duh.) But I did read about a half dozen or so posts that sounded, to me, as though the authors missed the joke. Which made the whole thing even funnier to me. (And not in a condescending way, either. I just thought it was funny.) As to whether the number was sufficient to warrant being described by me (ever so egregiously) as "all the people" (which could really mean anywhere from two to fifty or a gazillion) well...I suppose I couldn't care less. Would you feel better if I changed "so seriously" to "at face value?" (I probably won't, by the way.) :)
  • Like 2

Jesus, Brasso. Sometimes I think you'd argue with a fence post. For what it's worth, I thought his post was funny too. And I never said anything about "a majority." Obviously, many people did get it. I wasn't referring to them. (Duh.) But I did read about a half dozen or so posts that sounded, to me, as though the authors missed the joke. Which made the whole thing even funnier to me. (And not in a condescending way, either. I just thought it was funny.) As to whether the number was sufficient to warrant being described by me (ever so egregiously) as "all the people" (which could really mean anywhere from two to fifty or a gazillion) well...I suppose I couldn't care less. Would you feel better if I changed "so seriously" to "at face value?" (I probably won't, by the way.) :)

It took me a while to get the joke.

I think Channel3 (aka Steven Keaton?) is having a pretty good laugh at all of the people taking his post so seriously. (I used to not get him either...)

Hmm...

Apparently, after more than a decade on here. I'm not yet sophisticated enough to understand the humor of a poster. Hopefully, with diligence and patience, I will come to fully appreciate his level of writing sardonic humor.

My apologies for my prior, obviously inaccurate, reading of his carefully crafted sentences, and for jumping to the conclusion that I had come to fully understand the actual meaning of his words.

My bad.

/sarcasm (<----would have been useful in Channel3's post had he actually intended to be only funny, IMO, but I've not yet studied the language enough to offer certainty.)

Edited by garfield

And back to the point of his departure, I keep coming back to thinking that Cavies are an educational organization, maybe like the one he mentioned.

I'm sure he'd appreciate some time to not have expectations - we all need a break.

I'll not be surprised to find him hanging around one way or another. I was at a WGI event in Dayton yesterday, at the top row filming (with a press pass) and there, right behind me, was Dennis DeLucia about to get a read on my _Kid. I'm like, WTH? As I'm looking around and reading name tags I was like, I know him, I know him, he's here? Brad Bell is announcing. It was kind of surreal, all these names I've known for decades (one of whom, maybe, would know me). They were having a ball. Bein' band directors.

I think JF will pop up as one of those after some time to regroup. This band thing is part of their DNA, too.

(BTW, I have no actual knowledge of any actual circumstance of JF's moving. Call me Mr. Schultz.)

Jesus, Brasso. Sometimes I think you'd argue with a fence post.

Oh just take the pedal off the accelerator of that Buick of yours, slow down, and chill out. No need to take the Lord's Name in vain, and take things posted on here all that" seriously". Nobody should take ANYTHING posted on here " so seriously ". its just Drum Corps ( or " just Marching Band " as others in these units now prefer ), and not life and death. Just relax and you should be able to get over your blasphemous seriousness with this. Channel3's comments were funny as could be, imo, and was correctly taken as such by the vast majority of posters on here, and thats all I said.

Edited by BRASSO

Hmm...

Apparently, after more than a decade on here. I'm not yet sophisticated enough to understand the humor of a poster. Hopefully, with diligence and patience, I will come to fully appreciate his level of writing sardonic humor.

My apologies for my prior, obviously inaccurate, reading of his carefully crafted sentences, and for jumping to the conclusion that I had come to fully understand the actual meaning of his words.

My bad.

/sarcasm (<----would have been useful in Channel3's post had he actually intended to be only funny, IMO, but I've not yet studied the language enough to offer certainty.)

No insult or judgement regarding anyone's degree of reading sophistication was intended. (At least by me.)

Oh just take the pedal off the accelerator of that Buick of yours, slow down, and chill out. No need to take the Lord's Name in vain, and take things posted on here all that" seriously". Nobody should take ANYTHING posted on here " so seriously ". its just Drum Corps ( or " just Marching Band " as others in these units now prefer ), and not life and death. Just relax and you should be able to get over your blasphemous seriousness with this. Channel3's comments were funny as could be, imo, and was correctly taken as such by the vast majority of posters on here, and thats all I said.

I have DCP bookmarked under "Entertainment". That's how ********* serious I take DCP.

• Like 2