SCV 2016

Fiedler is a master. Recent shows under his leadership at SCV were moving, powerful, and rich with meaning.

• 2015 Spark of Invention which celebrates Nikola Tesla's quest for innovation, now mirrored in the modern Tesla corporation's quest for affordable, planet-saving electric cars in the year of the United Nations Climate Change Conference in Paris.
  • 2014 Scheherazade in the same year that Malala won the Nobel peace prize-- a powerful Middle Eastern woman taking control of a male dominated culture.
  • 2013 Les Miserables' Bring Him Home - US involvement in Afghanistan is declared over in 2013 with 35,000 American troops coming home, with 5500 remaining in 2016.

What an incredibly strong set of shows with resonant, pertinent thematic arguments, subtly and passionately delivered.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Classic.

• Like 1

, I predict that Vanguard will come out with a show titled "New Era Clown Car."

If they do, will you jump on board with it ?

If you give up your seat :)

go fish.. who asked you ? ( lol!)

I'm still thinking about "planet saving electric cars". As if the electricity to power those cars comes from heaven or the fluffy bunny factory. As if the first and second laws of thermodynamics apply only to cars powered by gas or diesel fuel, but not by electricity.

• Like 1

I already utilize a " planet saving electric car " to get from point A to point B. As much as I can too, I use it. Its the least I can do to protect and preserve Mother Earth. As such, I do my part.

Its called by another name too.. in some quarters anyway,... as a golf cart. I prefer driving my golf cart too.., WAY more than driving my " evil ", gas powered, SUV . In some communities I know, the electric powered golf cart is already the preferred means of wheels to get around town.

I would only consider giving up my SUV, when the jet fuel consuming political elites give up their petrol guzzling big private jets they utilize for thousands of miles flights whenever they attend their Global Warming poobahs at those fancy & expensive 5 star mountain/ lake digs of theirs....( that my overtaxed taxes have to underwrite that outrageously obscene & extravagant gas & jet travel, hotel, meals, entertainment, etc, of theirs, no less.).... NOW.... back to deciphering the hidden meanings in Drum Corps shows. Rumors have it that if we play the 2012 SCV show music backwards,we can reportedly hear a few words from what sounds like the Devil.. or others think might be just the harmless Ben Stiller.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

Fiedler is a master. Recent shows under his leadership at SCV were moving, powerful, and rich with meaning.

• 2015 Spark of Invention which celebrates Nikola Tesla's quest for innovation, now mirrored in the modern Tesla corporation's quest for affordable, planet-saving electric cars in the year of the United Nations Climate Change Conference in Paris.
  • 2014 Scheherazade in the same year that Malala won the Nobel peace prize-- a powerful Middle Eastern woman taking control of a male dominated culture.
  • 2013 Les Miserables' Bring Him Home - US involvement in Afghanistan is declared over in 2013 with 35,000 American troops coming home, with 5500 remaining in 2016.
What an incredibly strong set of shows with resonant, pertinent thematic arguments, subtly and passionately delivered.

You've ripped apart some pretty great shows from top corps over the passed few years. You seem to view SCV through rose colored lenses.

Edited by Tobias

That's cute.

I won't poke holes in your "theories" though becuase I like when people post fan-fiction.

You do know that these shows are planned at least a year in advance, right? There was almost definitely no intentional choice to theme the shows with those events.