Glassmen Back

The mere fact that the Glassmen, a 16 time DCI Finalist, are even attempting to make some small steps to get back competing in some format, is no small feat, and is great news to learn today, imo. I wish them all the best in their efforts.

• Like 1

SoundSport was also the stepping stone for the Guardians down in Texas. They are now an established Open Class corps who still only tour for part of the season, ending in San Antonio, and keeping their finances in order.

Slow and easy does win the race.

And that is SO impressive! (Click HERE)

You guys all make my heart smile with the anticipation that a corps might actually revive from the Glassmen pieces. Am I the only one here close to them? I know NEBrigand is close, but anyone else?

I wonder what it takes to make the jump to OC from SS. Soundsport is nearly completely "non-DCI", as in MM's who can't or won't commit to tour or cost or, frankly, practice schedule to attain "class" level. I wonder if it's realistic to do SS "for a few years" and then break into OC. I, personally, know SS groups that have no intention to make the jump to OC.

Maybe G-men will be different. They've got, as an organization, the WC fluid in their blood. They know what they face and, if they're starting in SS, it's likely many years from when they hit the field competing with Pacific Crest, Surf, or Academy.

Nobody pee'd on my corn flakes this morning. I'd love to know their plan to "make the jump" to touring status.

The Battalion from Salt Lake started out as a Soundsport group, and they're fielding an Open Class corps this year. They seem to have things under wraps there in terms of staffing and finance, and taking things nice and slow. If they start establishing themselves, it'll be interesting to see if they start picking up some talent with Blue Knights aspirations.

I think Sound Sport is the way to go. I am glad this is the direction they're taking. Although there is no age restriction to Sound Sport, hopefully the G-Men work to create a makeup that is condusive to morphing into an Open Class drum corps. One huge thing that they have going for them is the Glassmen name. Of all the corps that have folded over the recent past, the outpouring of emotion over their demise was more evident than with any other.

Finances aside, if any Sound Sport team could do it, the Glassmen can. I hope to see this storied corps back out on the drum corps field sometime soon! We will be pulling for them!

Edited by drumcorpsfever

Oh, yea, forgot about you, Kevin. (Psst, our show is early this year. Plan ahead to come.)

I saw the schedule. Fortunately, my company has an office in New Albany which I think I'll be visiting that day...

I hope they take it slow. I want them back, just hope they do what is monetarily sound. Start in Soundsport for a year or two, spend a few in Open, and move up when they've had a few years of high success. Like Oregon 2009 - 2012.

this....don't jump before they are ready.

You guys all make my heart smile with the anticipation that a corps might actually revive from the Glassmen pieces. Am I the only one here close to them? I know NEBrigand is close, but anyone else?

I'm just around the corner from you, Garfield

Here is my 2 cents

As an alumni I am a little mad and nervous about this. There have been zero talks about this on all the alumni pages and it comes out of nowhere. And some people brought the same questions up as last time they tried to come back. 1) who is teaching? 2) Where is it based out of? and no answers were given (pretty sure the post got deleted too) The WGI guard fell through without even having a staff announced. As much as I want them back I am waiting until more information before I celebrate this step in the right direction.

\^/