Blue Devils 2016

Listened to the Family Day video twice on the way to work in my car (obviously didn't watch it while driving :)

Question(s) - can someone point out to me where in the show Styx's/Dennis De Young's "Come Sail Away" is? Likewise, how about the Gordon Goodwin piece? The last few years, the Goodwin piece was pretty easy to notice (it has been the piece that sounded most like old-school BD), and I couldn't seem to make out that piece either.

I was looking forward to hearing the ballad after the comments made here about how great it was. I realize that the first show of the season hasn't even happened yet and the ballad will gel more as the season progresses (and that I was listening to the music only), but my overall reaction to the ballad was mostly meh. Perhaps there was too much build-up here on DCP before I heard it.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing how this show progresses throughout the season and how it stacks up to everyone else. So looking forward to the start of the season and the movie theater event tomorrow!

I think "Come Sail Away" was played by the pit after the opener during the snare feature before the whispers of "Ariel" and the full drum break, though it doesn't sound like a familiar part of the piece. I have no idea where the Glyde piece or "Stormy Weather" is in the arrangement. Edited by Cadevilina Crown

I'm still wondering what the scaffolding is supposed to be... They're definitely stages (that's what they're meant to do), but they have to represent something other than just that.

There a fair bit of changes from familiy night. I like the new horn solo for Mishima, wish the whole hornline would join in though.

I think "Come Sail Away" was played by the pit after the opener during the snare feature before the whispers of "Ariel" and the full drum break, though it doesn't sound like a familiar part of the piece. I have no idea where the Glyde piece or "Stormy Weather" is in the arrangement.

Stormy Weather is featured thought the opener and a bit during the storm part as well.

Honestly I can't get enough of this show music.

LOVE LOVE LOVE...and it is only June, with them pushing a lot of bare scaffolding around the field...

I'm still wondering what the scaffolding is supposed to be... They're definitely stages (that's what they're meant to do), but they have to represent something other than just that.

I'm betting they'll at least be white ;) Maybe abstract boats a la 2012's dada horses?

• Like 1

Here's last nights run-thru

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3zXZvatQTA

Ending changed from family night. Not sure if this will last but family night ending was just a stand still. The platforms has yet to be utilized but I'm sure that will change in a week or so. Of all of the years i've followed BD this is the cleanest start I've seen from them since maybe 1995. So I'm hoping this will not peak early on but I'm confident the staff knows that.

• Like 1

Here's last nights run-thru

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3zXZvatQTA

Either the pit is miked way to hot in this video or it's where the person shooting the video was placed. What is that annoying low electronic bass sound to start the show and throughout the opener. Cadets have this annoying sound as well. It's to loud and distorted.

God no. Too too much dancing, prancing, trombone glissandos and electro-rap. Where's my hot dog.