Blue Devils 2016

I'm an old guy - we never marched fast compared to today.

So, what bpm range is considered "fast-paced" in today's activity?

I marched 208, but that was just jazz running so it was really easy.

Fast today is 200+. Which I first saw with the Cavaliers in 2001, 2002, and 2003. A lot of the Cavaliers' show in 2007. Of course the Cadets do it a ton.

Not my cup of tea; but I really, really respect the talent they recruit and bring to the field every year. They may not be known for fast paced drill; but they've got smart design and musician showcasing down to a science. If there is anything that they have emulated, it's the body movement from the late '90s-early '00s Cavaliers. And that's not a bad thing.

I really miss some of the sweet jazz chords they used to play. Sadly, those have disappeared with the evolution of their programs.

You obviously know nothing about Jazz. That is all they play! Sorry it's not the narrow type of `Jazz you can only get your head around.

• Like 1

You obviously know nothing about Jazz. That is all they play! Sorry it's not the narrow type of `Jazz you can only get your head around.

Yeah I think it's insane when people say that BD isn't a jazz corps anymore. Just the sound balance of the corps has such a jazz sound to it, it's insane.

• Like 4

Just saw a video from family day. Was thinking "more of the same BD of the past few years" when I saw rep earlier and the uniforms, BUT...though they do rehash some material in the opening, I haven't been this excited about a BD show since 1999. If they win again I wouldn't even mind...no, I may even root for them all season I loved it that much.

Just saw a video from family day. Was thinking "more of the same BD of the past few years" when I saw rep earlier and the uniforms, BUT...though they do rehash some material in the opening, I haven't been this excited about a BD show since 1999. If they win again I wouldn't even mind...no, I may even root for them all season I loved it that much.

Welcome to the dark side! LOL.

• Like 1