DCI Field Pass Podcast 2016 Preview

Thanks Hrothgar. (edit: and drummergirl) Not bad for a lurker. :-) (though I've been here since day 1-- wish I'd have signed up then....)

To those who are (justly, IMO) complaining about the lack of Field Pass being a podcast, just put that rss feed into whichever podcast app you use-- and the problem is solved. My guess is DCI doesn't realize that there isn't an obvious rss feed link... but there *is* a link, and folks should use it.

Edited by ieuph7
  • Like 1

So how about the content, since last I checked this forum was about Drum Corps and not about the definition of a podcast. I liked what he had to say about Phantom and I hope that his take on it will be what Phantom conveys on the field

• Like 1

So how about the content, since last I checked this forum was about Drum Corps and not about the definition of a podcast. I liked what he had to say about Phantom and I hope that his take on it will be what Phantom conveys on the field

No one has said it explicitly but it seems like some users think Cesario wasn't being as sincere when discussing Phantom compared to other corps. I'm hoping that interpretation is all in their head because I really think Phantom's show has potential and I want them to live up to it!

WOW DCP did it, now DCI FP is on all podcast platforms. I guess we can close out this topic, lol

• Like 1

I thought Cesario's most eyebrow-raising statement was that last year's Cavaliers "could have won 8 years ago" (around 13:40 in the podcast). Let's see - 8 years ago was ... borrow the one ... 2008. Were there any memorable shows from that year?

Is there even a single person other than Michael C that thinks Game On would top the Cavies own Samurai, to say nothing of Spartacus, if they performed back to back?

I thought Cesario's most eyebrow-raising statement was that last year's Cavaliers "could have won 8 years ago" (around 13:40 in the podcast). Let's see - 8 years ago was ... borrow the one ... 2008. Were there any memorable shows from that year?

Is there even a single person other than Michael C that thinks Game On would top the Cavies own Samurai, to say nothing of Spartacus, if they performed back to back?

I don't see Game On overcoming Samurai, let alone Spartacus...no way.

Methinks Mr. Cesario was making a general point, not consulting the calendar. He could have just as easily said "nine" or "seven" or "twelve" to make the same point -- namely, that the bar continues to rise and today's Xth-ranked corps would have been yesterday's winner.

On a related note, Dan Potter has been spotted wandering Lebanon, Ind., with his microphone, checking in on Troopers on the day before they pull up stakes and head to Indianapolis.

Edited by 2muchcoffeeman
  • Like 1

No one has said it explicitly but it seems like some users think Cesario wasn't being as sincere when discussing Phantom compared to other corps. I'm hoping that interpretation is all in their head because I really think Phantom's show has potential and I want them to live up to it!

Truth be told, sometimes some people have trouble believing anything Cesario says is sincere if no check is involved and because he persistently speaks in superlatives. Many on DCP critique and complain if corps shows are all in the same tempo or emotion without modulation. He may have run his course for this next generation who imitate him quite well on the tour buses. Although a nice man, he may have become a characterure.

• Like 1

Truth be told, sometimes some people have trouble believing anything Cesario says is sincere if no check is involved and because he persistently speaks in superlatives. Many on DCP critique and complain if corps shows are all in the same tempo or emotion without modulation. He may have run his course for this next generation who imitate him quite well on the tour buses. Although a nice man, he may have become a characterure.

You should see what he's like without a microphone around.