Intrigue In Indy

It's all water under the George Washington Bridge. No big deal.

GO CRODETS!!!!!

What about the Crode Coats?

Edited by Sandonovan
  • Like 1

GO CRODETS!!!!!

GO CRODETS!!!!!

Thank you. Appreciate that. Sometimes, I start brain farting before I think about how I'm delivering the message.

1) Thanks for the heads up re: Troop. Got my first live show of the season playing!

2) Knowing absolutely nothing about the corps this season other than YouTube, I still have a feeling about Bluecoats. They have the momentum and hype to recruit well enough, all they need now is the show to deliver. What I saw of Crown, it could be close, same with Cadets. But if Bluecoats are going to win, they'll dominate all season, it's the only way. So either they win tonight AND the season, or they don't win tonight and place either 3rd or 4th in August. And of course I base this on nothing but gut.

Also it's drum corps season, so this is my first post in a loooong time!

All times eastern and subject to change.

5:00 p.m. Box Office Open

4:00 p.m. IMEA Marching Music Academy

6:30 p.m. Kickstart Your Season with DCI

7:00 p.m. Gates Open

8:25 p.m. Welcome & National Anthem

8:35 p.m. Boston Crusaders - Boston, MA

8:53 p.m. Cavaliers - Rosemont, IL

9:11 p.m. Phantom Regiment - Rockford, IL

9:30 p.m. The Cadets - Allentown, PA

9:48 p.m. Bluecoats - Canton, OH

10:06 p.m. Carolina Crown - Ft. Mill, SC

10:30 p.m. Awards

Edited by George Dixon

Nicely done Troopers.

Theme was explicitly stated and followed with PLC, heroes, one of my favorites from the English brass band reps. Of course, we heard snippits before from Crown, Troop's made it their own with a much improved hornline and mellophones working to be the stars..

Drill seemed to be a bit Cavaliers stylized with many fronts, files, and intersecting lines; very few non-linear formations.

Unis did present a different look; but amazingly no props on the field seen on the FB page. I was expecting at least a red heart shape tarp to be unfolded in the middle of the Coldplay ending ballad which has great emotional possibilities. How the rest of the Hero theme develops in the show will be a challenge for the summer tour.

In all a very nice entertaining show I' looking forward to see grow.

Edited by xandandl

Leaving for the theater now after dinner with my mom. She's coming too, I'll be sure to include her thoughts as well. General marching band mom exposure and she has gone to a ton of these with me, she always provides a great perspective from a general audience member just looking to be entertained and have fun.

:)

• Like 1

1) Thanks for the heads up re: Troop. Got my first live show of the season playing!

2) Knowing absolutely nothing about the corps this season other than YouTube, I still have a feeling about Bluecoats. They have the momentum and hype to recruit well enough, all they need now is the show to deliver. What I saw of Crown, it could be close, same with Cadets. But if Bluecoats are going to win, they'll dominate all season, it's the only way. So either they win tonight AND the season, or they don't win tonight and place either 3rd or 4th in August. And of course I base this on nothing but gut.

Also it's drum corps season, so this is my first post in a loooong time!

Cadets won last year followed by bluecoats i believe and then crown. We all know how the season ended so the winner of tonight means absolutely nothing IMO. That is unless they go undefeated :tongue: Edited by BlueStainGlass

Cadets won last year followed by bluecoats i believe and then crown. We all know how the season ended so the winner of tonight means absolutely nothing IMO. That is unless they go undefeated :tongue:

Like I said, just my gut, which per the latest studies is not as scientific as I'd hope. I'm more looking back to '13 than last year. I know Crown didn't go undefeated, but they came out swinging all season, even beating BD at the SoCal shows (I think that's the first time in 20+ years BD didn't win those shows, but don't quote me and I'm not feeling like looking it up), so I'm using that as my framework for the season. Comparing a possible new champion to the most recent new champion.