East Coast Classic Chestnut Hill BC.

Folks, I'm a huge fan of this entire activity...But I believe in calling things what they are. As far as the Cadets closing the gap tonight? That's nothing but a healthy dose of east coast sympathy/preference from the judges. It's a shame too because those kids in the Cadets are extremely talented and they're working their tails off! But their show is a giant turd. And the show designers are to blame for that...and shame on them. Congrats to them winning high percussion tonight...Well deserved!

How old are you?

• Like 2

Sigh. I was pretty clear.

"If I could change anything, it would be the bottom half of my predictions. I'd have:"

Hahaha...way to go man. Yep clear as mud. It's all good. Predictions this time of year are all for fun anyway right. We all want our teams to do well.

That's nothing but a healthy dose of east coast sympathy/preference from the judges.

So we're supposed to believe that YOUR view is not biased, despite having a son in Bluecoats, but the judges ARE biased, simply because the show location is on the East Coast?

Funny, that the last show on Thursday was in Allentown - the actual home of the Cadets, and the gap was bigger there than in Boston.

• Like 2

Folks, I'm a huge fan of this entire activity...But I believe in calling things what they are. As far as the Cadets closing the gap tonight? That's nothing but a healthy dose of east coast sympathy/preference from the judges. It's a shame too because those kids in the Cadets are extremely talented and they're working their tails off! But their show is a giant turd. And the show designers are to blame for that...and shame on them. Congrats to them winning high percussion tonight...Well deserved!

Funny that "east coast sympathy" didn't kick in in PA the past week...

• Like 2

I have actually been telling people that....not that I think that BD is going to win this year but everyone wants to automatically crown Bluecoats the champs and I'm over like "Did you forget the blue devils are back to back champs? The Cadets are ten time champs? and Crown has been gunning for another title?

I think you're over reacting a little bit. I'm not seeing anyone crown Crown or Bluecoats the champions. A lot of people like the show, a few outliers are a little extreme with it, but it's pretty much all positive feedback, not a prediction they will take it all. They are a fan favorite right now, nothing wrong with that. Just like I don't see anything wrong with criticizing it. Saying they will be competitive and contend is not discounting BD or Cadets for that matter.

All it takes is one comment from one person to set off this kind of stuff. You'd think that everyone is saying that kind of stuff when in fact it's only one or two people.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 2

How old are you?

Old enough! How f'n old are you, Jack?

Old enough! How f'n old are you, Jack?

You are part of the reason why I hate going on drum corps social media (FB, Insta).

• Like 2