Beanpot Invitational - Lynn, MA July 3rd

And maybe you should lighten up.

He was talking about all the TOP CORPS facing each other head to head. I fully realize every corps in the USA won't be there. 24 will be there.

Then maybe you should have stated that initially. All the top corps will be there. Simple to say, and much clearer communication.

One year someone left a pot of beans cooking which started a fire and ever since it's referred as the beanpot

Sounds logical. :tounge2:

One year someone left a pot of beans cooking which started a fire and ever since it's referred as the beanpot

Why is the show called Beanpot Invitational?

A beanpot is a deep, wide-bellied, short-necked vessel used to cook bean-based dishes. Beanpots are typically made of ceramic, though pots made of other materials, like cast iron, can also be found. The relatively narrow mouth of the beanpot minimizes evaporation and heat loss, while the deep, wide, thick-walled body of the pot facilitates long, slow cooking times.

Beanpots are traditionally associated with New England, in particular Boston, Massachusetts. This association is evident in the nickname Beantown, and the use of the name beanpot for Boston events such as the Beanpot ice hockey tournament.

• Like 1

A beanpot is a deep, wide-bellied, short-necked vessel used to cook bean-based dishes. Beanpots are typically made of ceramic, though pots made of other materials, like cast iron, can also be found. The relatively narrow mouth of the beanpot minimizes evaporation and heat loss, while the deep, wide, thick-walled body of the pot facilitates long, slow cooking times.

Beanpots are traditionally associated with New England, in particular Boston, Massachusetts. This association is evident in the nickname Beantown, and the use of the name beanpot for Boston events such as the Beanpot ice hockey tournament.

Thank you. I really appreciate the education. :biggrin:

Then maybe you should have stated that initially. All the top corps will be there. Simple to say, and much clearer communication.

Thanks for the lecture. I really appreciate it.

• Like 1

Thanks for the lecture. I really appreciate it.

Well if that ain't the bean pot calling the kettle black!

(Sorry, I couldn't take the chance that I wouldn't be able to use that in the next 24 hours!)

• Like 2