Beanpot Invitational - Lynn, MA July 3rd

I hope cadets win just to see this place implode. All of the people saying cadets show can't do it with the Bluecoats fans saying gold and greatest thing ever. It would cause these forums to go downside up.

Hey, I am a Bluecoats fan and have gone on record several times saying if Bluecoats slip it could only be good for fans since that would mean there are better shows than that monster. Please don't lump all fans of any corps together.

• Like 5

I hope cadets win just to see this place implode. All of the people saying cadets show can't do it with the Bluecoats fans saying gold and greatest thing ever. It would cause these forums to go downside up.

You really have a thing about DCP'ers. Let it go. It'll consume you. Just enjoy the volatilty of the scores and placements that'll be coming for what they are, and enjoy all the Corps shows for what they are. Hoping to see a lot of fan angst with the scores and the placements is not really such a good thing to be hoping for, imo.

• Like 4

the PR show is rich and gorgeous and reminiscent of '03 and '10 and their Elgar performances

A friend who I marched with in the BAC and played contra loved the PR brass. Thought their contra line sounded like an organ.

Edited by Ghost

Could Cadets win tonight? It's a possibility. Personally I did not expect to see so many changes to the show in such a short time. They have worked hard and they do have the talent and while I am in the "hot mess" crowd after seeing the show at the movies, I didn't write the off right away and I don't think we can until we see last year's top five face off again, though I still think Crown, BD, and Bloo will be the top three, Cadets will not be tumbling out of the top five.

Will Bloo win this evening? This is more likely in my opinion. Cadets did narrow the gap, and some Bloo parents that sat near me last evening and some staff that joined them during Cadets performance and stayed during Bloo's show were caught off guard by Cadets performance. They were not thrilled throughout some of Bloo's show or so it seemed. While Bloo's score was their best yet by .050, it didn't sound like the Bluecoats folks thought it was their best performance to date. Perhaps this is anecdotal, and a good performance by a corps you had a comfortable margin over a few days earlier can be unnerving to folks who are intimately involved. So I'm expecting two great performances tonight, and while momentum may favor Cadets, I think Bloo will perform with a vengeance.

I'll be looking forward to seeing Phantom tonight as well. While it is not a surprise that Will Pitts would know how to arrange for Phantom, the musical book is very good and there are some great guard moves as well. Those who predicted Phantom would be in the bottom of the pack or even out of finals, I think you've been proven wrong.

Boston Crusaders and Crossmen seemed evenly matched. Last night I favored Crossmen musically and Crusaders visually. For my tastes I thought Crossmen's props made me feel a bit claustrophobic, nothing tweaking cannot fix, and while I enjoy Crusaders music this year, I want it to pack more of a punch which it will. I think we will see Crusaders top Crossmen while in New England, if not tonight, we will see it in Cranston.

In the early season, Spartans and 7th Regiment trade victories back and forth, so I'll say 7th Regiment tonight since it went to Spartans last night.

• Like 1

Cadets are being attacked by Bluecoats fans on DCP? To me it seems as if it's a civil war between Cadets fans and no outside force is necessary. Considering how well received a show Bluecoats have this year, they are receiving relatively little ink as compared with Crown in 2012 or 2013. Also, anytime I have sat near a Bluecoats block or near a group of Bluecoats fans, they seem pretty even keeled. So if Cadets win this evening, I'm not expecting vicious DCP posts from Bluecoats fans or the folks from Canton, Ohio to start torching of the city or make the city erupt in violence or start riots in the parking lots of Lynn, the likes of which the city has not seen since the 1970's.

Edited by Tim K
  • Like 2

Bluecoats had some timing issues last night. The side to side. front to back stuff that they are trying to sync is insane.

Hoping for some video of North Star and hope Jerry Noonan is playing some of his signature screaming Sop solos!

• Like 1

Cadets aren't beating Bloo anytime soon. As far as closing gaps, when Cadets are cleaned up they'll look to close gaps. At this point, they have so much work to do, they're focusing on the Cadets right not, not Bluecoats

• Like 1