Drum Corps on Jupiter 7-Eleven

The folks in Jupiter, Florida are about to experience a hurricane drum corps style...and they're gonna like it.

Some good match ups in this 8 corps show. Will Bluecoats get to 10-0?

7:30 p.m. Welcome & National Anthem
7:40 p.m. Heat Wave – Inverness, FL
7:57 p.m. Legends – Kalamazoo, MI
8:14 p.m. Jersey Surf – Camden County, NJ
8:31 p.m. Spirit of Atlanta – Atlanta, GA
8:48 p.m. Intermission
9:05 p.m. Crossmen – San Antonio, TX
9:22 p.m. Boston Crusaders – Boston, MA
9:39 p.m. Bluecoats – Canton, OH
9:56 p.m. The Cadets – Allentown, PA
10:21 p.m. Awards

ps FREE SLURPEES today (7/11) at participating 7-Elevens.

Plan on getting the favorite...Blooooberry

So glad drum corps is expanding the tour to new planets. Interesting to see how the increased gravity affects the show.

• Like 1

Jupiter, Florida is the home of Tiger Woods I think, among a lot of other golfers and millionaires. Big time money down there. Good luck to all the corps. Stay hydrated in that heat. :)

It's been 2 or 3 years with no show in Florida. I remember them having only 1 show in Orlando in 2012. Not sure about 2013.

I hope they keep this up and even extend the tour in future years. Florida is a big state with lots of band kids. It's fertile recruiting territory and it seems competitive marching band has flourished down there. Despite the weather being hot and rainy I think DCI has to find a way to make it work.

Not sure I'd want DCI to have Finals there anymore, but a nice series of shows (5, 6, 7) would be well worth it. Maybe 3 or 4 shows in June/Early July that one set of corps takes part in, and then another 3 shows in late July after San Antonio when corps begin heading east. A different set of corps (like BD, SCV, Troopers) would head down to Florida for a few shows before Atlanta or before Allentown.

Edited by jwillis35
  • Like 1

It's been 2 or 3 years with no show in Florida. I remember them having only 1 show in Orlando in 2012. Not sure about 2013.

I hope they keep this up and even extend the tour in future years. Florida is a big state with lots of band kids. It's fertile recruiting territory and it seems competitive marching band has flourished down there. Despite the weather being hot and rainy I think DCI has to find a way to make it work.

Not sure I'd want DCI to have Finals there anymore, but a nice series of shows (5, 6, 7) would be well worth it. Maybe 3 or 4 shows in June/Early July that one set of corps takes part in, and then another 3 shows in late July after San Antonio when corps begin heading east. A different set of corps (like BD, SCV, Troopers) would head down to Florida for a few shows before Atlanta or before Allentown.

Regarding recruitment, I thought I remembered seeing something that ranked Florida 2nd only to Texas as far as recruits are concerned. The running joke has been that Boston Crusaders should be renamed Florida Crusaders because of all the kids from Florida. The only problem with getting BD or SCV to Florida would be the TOC schedule. Crown's TOC show is the Sunday after Atlanta, so SCV and BD would be heading north then would have to drive south which would be both costly and time consuming.

Regarding recruitment, I thought I remembered seeing something that ranked Florida 2nd only to Texas as far as recruits are concerned. The running joke has been that Boston Crusaders should be renamed Florida Crusaders because of all the kids from Florida. The only problem with getting BD or SCV to Florida would be the TOC schedule. Crown's TOC show is the Sunday after Atlanta, so SCV and BD would be heading north then would have to drive south which would be both costly and time consuming.

Texas and California usually tops. Florida 3rd.

Texas and California usually tops. Florida 3rd.

Not disagreeing with you but please site your source of this info so that others will be convinced of your accuracy. (Believe me who has been criticized for my sourcing lately.)

Following Bloo onto the field tonight is different from most of Cadets' previous meet-ups with them this season. It will be interesting if this rotation has an influence on spreads. Just curious.