Drum Corps on Jupiter 7-Eleven

Oh i love my undefeated BD seasons as well. But i want BD to have some competition to keep them motivated and grounded. I want the Bluecoats to bring it and then some. And i know they will. And BD will be ready.

Personally, I want a true heavyweight slugfest, corps exchanging wins up until finals. I think this is a good possibility this year.

• Like 3

Personally, I want a true heavyweight slugfest, corps exchanging wins up until finals. I think this is a good possibility this year.

While it was more stressful than 2014, i personally loved watching BD slug it out last year coming from 4th to win last year. Can't wait for Dekalb this Sunday. And keep in mind BD has won the Dekalb TOC from the first performance slot 3 outta 4 years.

While it was more stressful than 2014, i personally loved watching BD slug it out last year coming from 4th to win last year. Can't wait for Dekalb this Sunday. And keep in mind BD has won the Dekalb TOC from the first performance slot 3 outta 4 years.

Gonna be interesting. BD has a ton of rehearsal time this week.

• Like 1

BD will beat Bloo IMHO. They have a story whereas Bloo just has ramp efffects.

I disagree with your statement completely. You make it sound like Bluecoats just threw some ramps on the field with some sound effects and called it a show. The design of "Downside Up" is masterful and deserves more than "Bloo just has ramp effects." Not exactly detailed analysis.

Bluecoats' show is a well thought out masterpiece. It's a concept show that doesn't try to tell a story or apply a theme. It takes awesome music and utilizes fantastic visuals, drill, dance, guard work, soundscapes, a near perfect color scheme, props that are used well, staging that is impeccable, and a killer music book brought to life by an amazing brass and percussion section. If BD is better, then so be it. But by your description above you make it sound like BD will beat them by 3 points. No!

• Like 9

I disagree with your statement completely. You make it sound like Bluecoats just threw some ramps on the field with some sound effects and called it a show. The design of "Downside Up" is masterful and deserves more than "Bloo just has ramp effects." Not exactly detailed analysis.

Bluecoats' show is a well thought out masterpiece. It's a concept show that doesn't try to tell a story or apply a theme. It takes awesome music and utilizes fantastic visuals, drill, dance, guard work, soundscapes, a near perfect color scheme, props that are used well, staging that is impeccable, and a killer music book brought to life by an amazing brass and percussion section. If BD is better, then so be it. But by your description above you make it sound like BD will beat them by 3 points. No!

Thank you for doing that without downplaying anyone else.

:)

• Like 2

Doesn't matter if some fans do, as long as the corps doesn't, which they won't.

Fans are fans.

Agreed. I meant my comment as a friendly jest. I have no doubt that the corps knows very well what Bloo and Crown are bringing this season.

I mean, it was't reeeeally 4th, though.

Technically, yes, but only because of a half point penalty. Otherwise they were 2nd that night, and no one for one second thought they would get a penalty finals night.

You may also appreciate the discussion about the "Down Side Up" show concept on the Blooooooooooo! thread. I want to especially direct our attention to 3PoC's excellent observations made on post #1022. This isn't a show about the use of slides at all.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 1

You may also appreciate the discussion about the "Down Side Up" show concept on the Blooooooooooo! thread. I want to especially direct our attention to CPoC's excellent observations made on post #1022. This isn't a show about the use of slides at all.

I saw that and was very impressed. Yeah, I keep writing "Downside Up", but it's Down Side Up. And yes, there is a concept to the show and it's brilliant, but I don't think Blooo intended for anyone in the audience to have to think about that theme. Just enjoy. If you wish to dig into it more, then there is some nice conceptual elements in the show that will enlighten the more thinking audience. That's the cool thing about Blooo this year.

• Like 1

Full contact drum corps? this could get exiting.

• Like 1