Music on the Move...Bentonville Arkansas

Just got home....What a great show! Glad to see Troopers and Academy back to Bentonville this year.

To me, even the first couple of corps to perform were better this year then they were last year. It seems they just keep getting better. Not going to go into depth here but...

PC Loved how they used it's props to make the railroad..very clever

SoA ...a very nice big band sound...I'm not much into jazz but they're so good at it I really enjoyed their show.

Mandarins...They look so good in those dark but richly colored uniforms, and their low brass was very good

Troopers....very nice...glad to see them back. they really know how to play to into the audiences emotion. A powerful and enjoyable show.

Academy...well...this was just so cool...took me completely by surprise at how good they were. The staging, the music, the theatrics was just amazing from each individual performing, and you can tell how much they enjoy putting on the show. They keep going like this, they could make their way to finals in August.

BD...as always...very very clean. A very nice package that again is going to push them up to the top...whether they stay there...

Crown...Amazing! Their brass power is unbelievable. They weren't as clean as BD, and I knew they would place second tonight, but I think they have a lot more room to grow...if they keep cleaning they could catch BD and Bloo. By the time finals rolls around it's going to be a three way battle for the title. Their percussion issues that's been their weakness the past few years seems to have rectified. They just can't let up....at all.

Again....a very satisfying evening and they each did outstanding in this heat and humidity.

Edited by msumello
  • Like 1

W1. Blue Devils 85.95

W2. Carolina Crown 85.55

W3. The Academy 75.45

W4. Troopers 72.15

W5. Mandarins 69.75

W6. Spirit of Atlanta 68.15

W7. Pacific Crest 67.70

O1. Genesis 63.05

Sigh. It's going to be hard for me to accept that Troopers, with probably their best show since 1985, are going to miss Finals, but it does seem likely to happen.

Sigh. It's going to be hard for me to accept that Troopers, with probably their best show since 1985, are going to miss Finals, but it does seem likely to happen.

Agreed. They just can't seem to catch a break, can they? Their brass this year is just fantastic, and their opening statement ranks up there among my all-time favorites.

Enjoy! I'm actually really p###ed about not seeing them live. All of the other corps at the Buffalo show (minus Phantom) have shows that focus on maximum impact and in-your-faceness. SCV's show is more subtle and subdued, and I'm so disappointed about not getting to experience the beauty of their show in person.

Be happy you get to see any corps live. Closest show to me is a 7 hr drive each way. When all roads lead to Indy and there are set-in-stone regionals that each Corps has to attend, large parts of the country get no shows in the local (3 hr each way) area.

Be happy you get to see any corps live. Closest show to me is a 7 hr drive each way. When all roads lead to Indy and there are set-in-stone regionals that each Corps has to attend, large parts of the country get no shows in the local (3 hr each way) area.

I feel you. Driving 6 hours for Broken Arrow today, 4 hours from there to Denton tomorrow, and then 6 hours back home from Denton. Next closest show is Denver/San Antonio at 7 hours and then Houston at 9.

Now I feel really lucky to have an annual show in my own backyard! (Well, not exactly my backyard, but you know what I mean)

My closest show is Corps at the Crest in Oceanside, CA, a whopping 7,526 miles from where I live. It's a 15.5 hour flight.

I sure do miss seeing shows in person.

Just got home....What a great show! Glad to see Troopers and Academy back to Bentonville this year.

To me, even the first couple of corps to perform were better this year then they were last year. It seems they just keep getting better. Not going to go into depth here but...

PC Loved how they used it's props to make the railroad..very clever

SoA ...a very nice big band sound...I'm not much into jazz but they're so good at it I really enjoyed their show.

Mandarins...They look so good in those dark but richly colored uniforms, and their low brass was very good

Troopers....very nice...glad to see them back. they really know how to play to into the audiences emotion. A powerful and enjoyable show.

Academy...well...this was just so cool...took me completely by surprise at how good they were. The staging, the music, the theatrics was just amazing from each individual performing, and you can tell how much they enjoy putting on the show. They keep going like this, they could make their way to finals in August.

BD...as always...very very clean. A very nice package that again is going to push them up to the top...whether they stay there...

Crown...Amazing! Their brass power is unbelievable. They weren't as clean as BD, and I knew they would place second tonight, but I think they have a lot more room to grow...if they keep cleaning they could catch BD and Bloo. By the time finals rolls around it's going to be a three way battle for the title. Their percussion issues that's been their weakness the past few years seems to have rectified. They just can't let up....at all.

Again....a very satisfying evening and they each did outstanding in this heat and humidity.

hate to tell you but Crown is 3rd place at best this year.

• Like 1