San Antonio Showdown

Dudes, I have blown through more boxes of tissues watching drum corps than from anything else, ever, in my life.

Don't be ashamed.

Embrace your artistic girlie-ness.

My son always wonders why I have tears streaming down my face while I'm listening to 2003 PR. What he doesn't know is that someday it's going to be played at my funeral. That's how much that show affects me.
  • Like 4

I disagree, and it actually makes me quite angry. I get that this is the emotion they're going for, but I go to DCI shows to unwind and be entertained, not be yelled at or have some kind of political statement shouted in my direction. In my opinion it's a huge turn off.

I guess for me, I don't view it as them trying to make a political statement. Honestly, when I watch this show I'm focused more on the music and drill than I am the actual "show" which brings me to an interesting topic...is it just me or is drill kind of lacking this year? Don't get me wrong there is obviously some good drill this year but I haven't seen anything that wows me, drill wise. Music this year is phenomenal though

All of the corps that so many have said will be fighting for the gold have weaknesses. They better not get too confident. Vanguard has one heck of a program.