DCI Southeastern (Atlanta) Championships Schedule - 7/30/16

Spirit of Atlanta.

18th

:wow:

The continued descent into deeper and darker depths continues.

The deeper you go, the more the pressure builds until you just explode................

And this comment benefits readers.... how?

Next Saturday can't get here fast enough!!!! I will be at the Georgia Dome, Section 222 with the Carolina Crown Block!!! So very excited..

Not cherry-picking my shows and will the enjoy all of the hard work and great shows that all of this year's corps have put on the field!!

What a refreshing comment - focusing on the HARD WORK that EVERY KID out there puts in from the elites down to the feeder corps. It's all good, right?

• Like 1

Excited for this show - sitting in the 200 deck with a friend that hasn't seen any of the shows this year. Will be interesting to get his initial reactions to the programs. Good luck to all performers and safe travel to all those attending!

• Like 1

Excited for this show - sitting in the 200 deck with a friend that hasn't seen any of the shows this year. Will be interesting to get his initial reactions to the programs. Good luck to all performers and safe travel to all those attending!

That's crazy! How'd you get in the stadium? I hope you have lots of snacks to sustain you both until the show next weekend...

Jk

• Like 2

winners of the draw/placement appear to be: Troopers, Academy, Blue Stars, Vanguard, Bluecoats

2 exercises for the " non believers " in the utter unimportance of the regional draws in the final scheme of things :

A) list for us, without looking it up, the Finals placements for last season and then.......,

B) list for us, without looking it up, what the regional appearance draw was for this Atlanta Regionals last July.

Once you've completed these 2 exercises, do 2 things.... 1) look up the Atlanta regionals draw for last season, and tell us how many you got right, and then 2) tell us what relationship that Atlanta Regionals draw had on the judges decision the following month at Championships. Once DCP'ers have completed their " homework assignment", they should come to the logical conclusion that come Championships, in the grand scheme of scores and placements, the regional draw is both forgettable, as well as irrelevant. Good luck with the homework assignment., DCP'ers... and remember, no cheating.

Edited by BRASSO

What a refreshing comment - focusing on the HARD WORK that EVERY KID out there puts in from the elites down to the feeder corps. It's all good, right?

Thanks and yes.... Absolutely!!!!

• Like 1

No official release from DCI, but the event page has been updated and the schedule is out!

10:30 a.m. Gates Open

11:00 a.m. SoundSport

12:00 p.m. Kick Start Your Season with DCI

1:50 p.m. Welcome & National Anthem

2:00 p.m. Carolina Gold - Raleigh, NC

2:17 p.m. Alliance - Atlanta, GA

2:34 p.m. Atlanta CV - Atlanta, GA

2:51 p.m. Heatwave - Inverness, FL

3:08 p.m. Southwind - Mobile, AL

3:25 p.m. Pioneer - Milwaukee, WI

3:42 p.m. Seattle Cascades - Seattle, WA

3:59 p.m. Pacific Crest - Diamond Bar, CA

4:16 p.m. Jersey Surf - Camden County, NJ

4:33 p.m. Intermission (51 min)

5:24 p.m. Oregon Crusaders - Portland, OR

5:41 p.m. Mandarins - Sacramento, CA

5:58 p.m. Spirit of Atlanta - Atlanta, GA

6:15 p.m. Colts - Dubuque, IA

6:32 p.m. Boston Crusaders - Boston, MA

6:49 p.m. Troopers - Casper, WY

7:06 p.m. Madison Scouts - Madison, WI

7:23 p.m. Crossmen - San Antonio, TX

7:40 p.m. The Academy - Tempe, AZ

7;57 p.m. Intermission (17 min)

8:14 p.m. Phantom Regiment - Rockford, IL

8:31 p.m. Blue Knights - Denver, CO

8:48 p.m. Blue Stars - La Crosse, WI

9:05 p.m. The Cavaliers - Rosemont, IL

9:22 p.m. The Cadets - Allentown, PA

9:39 p.m. Santa Clara Vanguard - Santa Clara, CA

9:56 p.m. Carolina Crown - Ft. Mill, SC

10:13 p.m. Blue Devils - Concord, CA

10:30 p.m. Bluecoats - Canton, OH

10:59 p.m. Awards

I would comment about winners or losers, but I think a few corps in recent days have shattered the idea that performance order really means much, so take this as you will.

HI All,

So quick quick question, BD finished 3rd at the San Anton show, how come they are performing 2nd from last in Atlanta? :huh2:

HI All,

So quick quick question, BD finished 3rd at the San Anton show, how come they are performing 2nd from last in Atlanta? :huh2:

I think the corps are grouped in three's. So BD/Coats/Crown in a group then it's a random draw. Coats won the draw getting to perform last. But i could be wrong.

Won't be attending ATL for the first time in about 8 years. Biggest complaint about ATL is the noise level at level 2. When in the seats during performances, people need to be quiet. This really ruins the experience for me, especially during the ballads.

• Like 1