DCI Eastern Classic - Friday Aug 5 2016

An 85 is a really good score for a 12th place corps this time of year. In finals the average score for 12th would be about an 85.

In a couple of weeks could we be looking at an all-time high score for a 12th place show?

Except I think they are in 11th now essentially, with Scouts in 12th.

• Like 1

V4PiNAV.png

Obviously i want my beloved BD to win, but if Crown or Coats win, no shade will be thrown their way from me. All three corps are dynamite and all three can make a case for winning. Whoever wins clearly deserves it. But ultimately the fans win next Saturday night cause we are treated to three championship shows.

• Like 6

I think we can all agree whoever wins next week is going to have earned it. So much.

I'm pulling for Bluecoats, but can totally see how Blue Devils or even Carolina Crown could do it too, and I'd cheer and defend them like Blue Devils last year if it is one of the others.

It just seems very "Hollywood ending" to have Bluecoats win their first title and Academy make Finals for the first time on the same night. After watching the lovefest between BD and Bloo in 2014 at retreat, it would be great to have the reverse.

• Like 4

An 85 is a really good score for a 12th place corps this time of year. In finals the average score for 12th would be about an 85.

In a couple of weeks could we be looking at an all-time high score for a 12th place show?

Good point, but I believe that Scouts and Academy will go up a few point the last week but will receive the respective scores established by the judging community. Scouts at an 84 85 and Academy 1/2 a point higher.

I'm wondering what type of scoring records will fall this season. Mandarins just beat their all-time high score last night. What's Academy's highest score I wonder? Will Blue Knights exceed that elusive 92.5?

Nope. Thought the same thing with Crown last year. Thought they were a lock Saturday night.

But I am VERY impressed with how consistent Bluecoats have been with amazing performances this year. They haven't slipped yet.

Pun intended!?!?!?