DCI Eastern Classic - Friday Aug 5 2016

I'll give you an 'ol school analogy to Academy's Unchained Melody, both the tune and the solo.

It gives me the same feeling as the 1980 Spirit of Atlanta's Let It Be Me, one of the all-time greatest goosebump moments.

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 2

I stand corrected. I didn't realize how many kids with DCI eligibility marched DCA back then.

We lost a couple of horn players to Crossmen and a drummer to Cadets after 84. We being Reading

Edited by Bucbari

Without even releasing a limited recap so far, I am assuming since this is a 2-day show that DCI will release a limited recap tomorrow?

Yes

Without even releasing a limited recap so far, I am assuming since this is a 2-day show that DCI will release a limited recap tomorrow?

The decision DCI made to withhold full recaps is the single greatest decision since they moved away from the tic system in 1982.

It has eliminated dozens maybe hundreds of pages of people complaining about individual judges BY NAME, overall judge bias, differences in scoring from different shows, and slotting.

Thank you DCI, from the bottom of my heart that I don't have to read that endless drivel anymore. :wub:

+++

Now get the judges off the field. (wvu80 ducks and runs) :peek:

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 6

The decision DCI made to withhold full recaps is the single greatest decision since they moved away from the tic system in 1982.

It has eliminated dozens maybe hundreds of pages of people complaining about individual judges, overall judge bias, differences in scoring from different shows and slotting.

Thank you DCI, from the bottom of my heart that I don't have to read that endless drivel anymore. :wub:

+++

Now get the judges off the field. (wvu80 ducks and runs) :peek:

Honestly, US complaining is doing nothing and is meaning nothing to the big chairs in DCI so why does it matter hiding recaps? Edited by D41145
  • Like 1

I stand corrected. I didn't realize how many kids with DCI eligibility marched DCA back then.

Even earlier...a good piece of thee Cadets drumline moved over to the Cabs after the 71 season when Garfield let George Tuthill go. Most were 18/19 years old.