DCI Eastern Classic - Saturday Aug. 6, 2016

Surf seems much better off this year. As much as I liked last year's show, it seemed to stop developing by this time last year. This show is still going well. They could make semis with this.

• Like 3

Prosperie was on the field last night too wasn't he?

Yes, he was.

Yes, he was.

Thought so. The feed listing of judges has him on the field. I suspect wherever people are finding him listed for ensemble made a typo.

Prosperie was on the field last night too wasn't he?

JP judged Field Perc on Friday but is judging Ensemble Perc tonight, switching roles with GH. My info came from the original poster on this thread.

I just crosschecked with FTPressbox and they listed JP on the field and GH judging Ensemble for both nights.

I apologize.

Edited by 1956OPR

I"ve actually said (in this thread) that anything could happen in those 3 corps as they are tightly bunched in scoring

I agree - let all the corps have great performances and max out their shows!

Yeah, I sort of mis-quoted you. You were making a different point.

You said:

"What cracks me up is Cadets were, what?, a few tenths behind SCV Thursday night - a program that has been gushed over all summer long as "brilliant" and "awe inspiring" - grown men on DCP saying they "wept" watching it

And yet there's Cadets - with apparently a program so poorly designed and staged in every way - right there tenths away

So something doesn't quite add up. Maybe Cadets isn't quite as bad as some would claim. Just saying!"

In general, you have been as fair as anyone around here. You'd like Cadets to do better and think they can, hope they can, etc. but are realistic about the fact that as the Cadets improve, others do too. And improving relative to anyone else at this stage is difficult.

There are a few "bunches" out there that could move relative to each other, but every day that it does not happen, it becomes increasingly difficult. Everyone is working and cleaning and trying to get better.

The average spread between the Caves and The Cadets over the summer has been .56 in favor of The Cadets. I like The Cavies show. And I am happy to see them pull together a competitive season. But I think The Cadets are much stronger in music, brass and percussion. I am not sure The Cavies have enough in their visual book and GE to overtake them.

They have been beating cadets in GE though....

Edited by Hook'emCavies

Usually they do the same thing both nights. JP could have tweaked an ankle or something.

Edited by mountaineers97

JP judged Field Perc on Friday but is judging Ensemble Perc tonight, switching roles with GH.

Feed listed him as field judge tonight too. Haven't got a good look at who is running around out there yet.

• Like 1