DCI Eastern Classic - Saturday Aug. 6, 2016

The average spread between the Caves and The Cadets over the summer has been .56 in favor of The Cadets. I like The Cavies show. And I am happy to see them pull together a competitive season. But I think The Cadets are much stronger in music, brass and percussion. I am not sure The Cavies have enough in their visual book and GE to overtake them.

They have met 9 times. Over the first six times Cadets were over the Cavies an Average of 1.575. Over the last 3 contests, the Cadets were over the Cavies an average of 0.475. It is definitely getting closer. And the "trend" is not in favor the the Cadets (unless you only look at the last two contests where Cadets have extended the lead from 0.25 to 0.425).

Maybe the Cadets are stronger now, but they were scoring better earlier in the season, relatively to the Cavies.

Yea should be fine for the show...

Just watched a few Oregon crusaders run through the park to get back to their buses =/ those kids will be soaked

Going to be a bad night for rolling around on the field. MM should be OK, but I wouldn't like to be a guard member.

Let's keep in mind that the same panel of judges on two consecutive nights does not mean that you can accurately compare scores. A wet field adds another variable, as would wind. Let's just enjoy the show and treat Allentown as it is...two different competitions.

Hang in there OC.

Edited by luv4corps

I've now heard that Blue Devils will pass Blueoats, that Crown will pass Blue Devils, that SCV will pass Crown, that Cadets will pass SCV, and that Cavies will pass Cadets.

If ALL these predictions are true, then Cavies take the gold.

The scoring would make just as much sense as the Quincy show then.

• Like 2

Seems like every year there are weather issues on one or both days for Allentown. Grrrr. Seems not fair to the early Saturday corps this year. And since yesterday was fine - will the judges take this into consideration?.