Buffalo Corps, Won't You Come Out Tonight? (Aug. 7, 2016)

Not me. I have said TOC is wonky, but never begrudged BD a win when performing first or last or somewhere In between.

That's why i said some not all. Just like if BD wins on Saturday, SOME Crown/Coats fans are gonna be straight up d-bags while the rest of their fan base's will keep it classy.

Keep in mind that you can only stream the corps that will not be in the movie theater broadcast Thurs. Night. You have to go to the movies if you want to see them.

Friday and Saturday the full shows will be streamed.

Oooookay... I'll get my tickets! Thanks for the heads up!

• Like 1

That's why i said some not all. Just like if BD wins on Saturday, SOME Crown/Coats fans are gonna be straight up d-bags while the rest of their fan base's will keep it classy.

Exactly. True fans will be filled with pride toward their corps of choice giving it their all. Trashy people will always be trashy, regardless of scores.

• Like 1

Well yeah... isn't that how fandom generally works? 😉

I think the Bluecoats have demonstrated their ability to contend for several years now. Sealing the deal doesn't change that... it just seals the deal. I think they will, but I wouldn't say they were robbed if they don't. There are 2 other contending groups... so says the scores. Any one could take it on the last night.

• Like 4

Yeah... I don't know what you're referring to. My point here is as a free agent. I would assess the same if the scores had pulled back a bit and it was another leader going on first.

The original question just wanted an explanation why so many groups could move slightly backward over night... and this seems like a reasonable explanation. All of those scores will jump up at quarterfinals.

I expected BD to win tonight... so I'm fairly convinced that my assumption here is right.

It's all so confusing! Thanks for trying to explain it to me:)

Well yeah... isn't that how fandom generally works?

I think the Bluecoats have demonstrated their ability to contend for several years now. Sealing the deal doesn't change that... it just seals the deal. I think they will, but I wouldn't say they were robbed if they don't. There are 2 other contending groups... so says the scores. Any one could take it on the last night.

Agreed. I hope BD wins. But Coats/Crown will be getting a huge standing O from me if they take the gold. Nothing but love and respect for both of those corps. All i know is if my Devs win, i am staying away from DCP for a few days.

Ehh, no one in their tier was there.

Yeah but performances at this point should be understood well enough by judges to evaluate appropriately at the very least unless there were dramatically poorly performed elements that warranted a significant a drop as that.

Honestly I just hope people won't leave Lucas Oil en masse if BD is announced in 1st place finals night like people did last year. The members don't deserve that.

• Like 1