Buffalo Corps, Won't You Come Out Tonight? (Aug. 7, 2016)

Buffalo gave us a tie with BD and Crown in 2013 in their last head-to-head going into Indy. This one a virtual tie. Crown less than 1 point back - still saying BS to that one. So want Crown to pull this one out in Indy when it counts. Between the 3 corps, it will be Crown that I'd rather listen to. No one can play like them.

It's a shame 2 of these contenders will be out of the gold. All 3 have given us something pretty darn special.

That's fair! I personally prefer BD's ensemble sound over Crown's, but that's why we have variety!

• Like 1

Yes. The leading scorer went on first of the night. Conservative numbers management on the part of the judges would tend to pull down on the scores a bit... especially if they were convicted (as they seem to have been) that the first of the night was to be the winner of the night.

Nothing fishy... just the outcome of the lineup.

Interesting to hear you say that. Cause when BD won the first two TOC's going on first, some Bluecoats fans was saying the exact opposite.

Edited by Chief Guns
  • Like 3

That came out about as I expected. Given that Coats went on first and Devils last... this was going to be Devils best chance to win (as of lately). I figured the Devils to slip out a win... but Coats still managed to pull it out.

I couldn't make it to the show tonight so I'm planning to stream quarterfinals. Can anybody comment on the quality of the high box stream? Is it usually good, or should I go with the multi cam?

They've been hit or miss but definitely go high cam. The multi cam has been pretty pixelated in my experience.

That came out about as I expected. Given that Coats went on first and Devils last... this was going to be Devils best chance to win (as of lately). I figured the Devils to slip out a win... but Coats still managed to pull it out.

I couldn't make it to the show tonight so I'm planning to stream quarterfinals. Can anybody comment on the quality of the high box stream? Is it usually good, or should I go with the multi cam?

Keep in mind that you can only stream the corps that will not be in the movie theater broadcast Thurs. Night. You have to go to the movies if you want to see them.

Friday and Saturday the full shows will be streamed.

Interesting to hear you say that. Cause when BD won the first two TOC's going on first, some Bluecoats fans was saying the exact opposite.

Not me. I have said TOC is wonky, but never begrudged BD a win when performing first or last or somewhere In between.

What. A. Night.

All 7 corps did FANTASTIC tonight. I was not totally disappointed by a single one. And Phantom's encore was the icing on this awesome, awesome cake. I'll post a fuller review tomorrow morning.

P.S. BD did have the tarp tonight! :)

Edited by Cadevilina Crown
  • Like 2

What. A. Night.

All 7 corps did FANTASTIC tonight. I was not totally disappointed by a single one. And Phantom's encore was the icing on this awesome, awesome cake. I'll post a fuller review tomorrow morning.

P.S. BD did have the tarp tonight! :)

I'm so sad that I have yet to see a Phantom encore live

Interesting to hear you say that. Cause when BD won the first two TOC's going on first, Bluecoats fans was saying the exact opposite.

Yeah... I don't know what you're referring to. My point here is as a free agent. I would assess the same if the scores had pulled back a bit and it was another leader going on first.

The original question just wanted an explanation why so many groups could move slightly backward over night... and this seems like a reasonable explanation. All of those scores will jump up at quarterfinals.

I expected BD to win tonight... so I'm fairly convinced that my assumption here is right.

INT got shortened, so I'll save my review for after the show.

Cannot believe DCI. Why must they do that to INT? Great show and it is always getting disrespected