Buffalo Corps, Won't You Come Out Tonight? (Aug. 7, 2016)

This is what we in the deep deep south deal with all the time. There's a huge number of shows in the new England area compared to what we have available. Houston is the closest TOC show. Louisiana has one show with just a few of the big corps. Traveled to Austin last year for a rain out to try to see the Cadets one time live. Fail. I understand the business. Maybe one day I'll retire and just fly from one to another. Until then, I'll be in the cinema on Thursday night.

The biggest number of shows are in the mid west, north and south. In new England there is i think 4 or 5.

The biggest number of shows are in the mid west, north and south. In new England there is i think 4 or 5.

It appears that there is a line from Boston, thru Ohio and Indiana into California. Shows north or south of that line are rarer. If you (meaning any one of us) had to plan a DCI schedule for 41 corps starting in late June and ending in early August, you would stay close to the "beaten path," too...... maybe even closer.

Bluecoats will open the spread over Devils in quarterfinals and it will then become a race for 2nd with Crown beating Devils on finals night. Just my prediction. Hopefully all the Devils fans will stick around for Bloo's first championship performance. :)

• Like 1

Bluecoats will open the spread over Devils in quarterfinals and it will then become a race for 2nd with Crown beating Devils on finals night. Just my prediction. Hopefully all the Devils fans will stick around for Bloo's first championship performance. :)

I would be on board with that prediction.

• Like 1

Cadets almost a point over Cavies. Cavaliers good visual scores aren't enough. Finals is looking like: 4.Cadets 5.SCV 6. Cavs. IMO

They tied in visual last night and Cadets got a phenom music score. Good for them!

Let's see how this plays out with different judges.

Congratulations. You win the most inaccurate post of the season award!

NAH. There have been many worse than mine this summer. To clarify, they haven't tied any of the top three in music all summer.

Alabama had 3 shows (Huntsville, Birmingham, Auburn/Opelika). Plus a late regional in adjacent Atlanta.

Huntsville is less than 1.5 hours from Nashville, which had a TOC show. Birmingham is not much further south. My point is the shows are clustered in areas during tour and if you aren't lucky enough to live within 2-3 hours of those areas you have a good bit of travel to do. Who wants to/can drive 3 hours on a work night after a show?

Who wants to/can drive 3 hours on a work night after a show?

Cost benefit analysis. If you REALLY want to see a live DCI show, you'll either make that drive, or take the next day off. I've made that drive to Atlanta (well, okay, its only 2.5 hours vs 3, but still) on several occasions. It was worth it to me.

NAH. There have been many worse than mine this summer. To clarify, they haven't tied any of the top three in music all summer.

correct - and I agree, I was just being silly. They have come close at times in captions - a coule tenths here and there

musical side of things hasn't been there issue - everyone recognizes the member talent, and the talent of Gino/Colin - as a strong a duo as any corps has...

now that the feet and visual side of things is gettign settled down and cleaner, it's not that shocking the music scores are going up. Last night was obviously a big jump and a bit surprising, so have to see if it holds (or most of the jump holds)