DCI World Championships Semifinals - 8/1215

I can't believe they've not done something more with the ending drill wise though. The 'big ending surprise' they usually pull isn't there. Clara>blue fabric

Blue Devils.

13934823_10207879216313230_4331052841480

• Like 2

I was going to say something about the brass and then I remembered the #### I'm listening to all these shows through. Amazon BASIC indeed. Ugh. Where's my Starbucks?

Want to listen to great drum corps sounds on a budget? Get yourself a pair of Sennheiser HD202 headphones. They're audiophile quality for CHEAP. You'll never look back.

• Like 2

There are moments of that show that are utter brilliance (opening minutes and the ballad) and then some moments where I'm just a little bit eh on (Bieber and end of the closer). But man if they win it they deserve it. I'm not going to deny that.

I like the new closer better than the old one. But the show does sort of just get to the finish a little quickly. Still, it's a quibble. No one projects the even, solid, perfectly controlled sound like BD does. From beginning to end. One band, one sound. They are truly a professional level corps.

Musically the only thing that bothered me tonight with BD was the Mello and flugel solos were really hot into the mics. Way too much and I could hear the feedback here in the stadium.

• Like 1

Whirlpool drill is so great.

It's great, but I actually wish they would have expanded it a little more. Put some guard members in the center to highlight the counter motion even more. That's just me though.

Next on the field is the Bluecoats from Canton, Ohio. Their 2016 program is entitled "Down Side Up" and consists of:

Jose/ Before John 5

Heat of the Day

Raga Raja

Udacrep Akubrad

Great Gig in the Sky (from Dark Side of the Moon)

Original

Todo Tiende