DCI World Championships Semifinals - 8/1215

Plus Open Class corps are allowed to have shorter in length shows----8 minute minimum (if I recall correctly--vrs 10 minute minimum for World Class). In short, 2 minutes less of show to clean if an Open Class corps utilizes the shorter show option.

And to be judged higher in points than a longer show is not fair.

• Like 1

Mandarins are doing amazing i can see them placing higher than colts, who have an odd and not that fantastic show IMO

• Like 2

Hey all.

Sorry I haven't been on here yet. I got hit with a monstrous migraine this morning and wasn't even able to sit upright until about 3. I'm fine now and am preparing to head to the stadium. I plan on covering any corps remaining after I eat brunner (breakfast, lunch, AND dinner).

• Like 2

Hey all.

Sorry I haven't been on here yet. I got hit with a monstrous migraine this morning and wasn't even able to sit upright until about 3. I'm fine now and am preparing to head to the stadium. I plan on covering any corps remaining after I eat brunner (breakfast, lunch, AND dinner).

Thanks, Kevin! Hope you feel better.

see. but if they stay open class, they choose to have less payout, no voting at board meetings, and no payouts at OC shows. if it makes financial sense to stay in Open Class, its not their fault that the others can't design or clean a show to stay in the hunt.

Financially it is very difficult for the bigger OC to do big tours. They get about 1/10th the event fees that the WC corps get for WC shows, and they get no payout for OC shows. They have to make their own food arrangements (DCI delivers subsidized food to WC corps), and their financial backing is limited because it's harder for them to draw donors because they are OC. For bigger, nationally touring OC corps it would really help them to be able to move up. They would be much more financially sound. But the existing WC corps have to vote to let it happen, and that isn't happening in recent years (and yes there OC corps who have asked and been told no).

(Edited because I am terrible at typing with one finger)

Edited by WaxDCIFan
  • Like 1