DCI World Championships Semifinals - 8/1215

Ah, the trombone player kicked the cone tonight!

With authority!

Awesome bass drum solo. If I remember correctly, Mike Jackson also writes for Broken Sky Percussion, which came out of nowhere to place 3rd at WGI this past season. It is some very tasty writing.

That is correct. The guy is a subtle genius. (btw, it was Broken City, the other socal wgi finalist line was Dark Sky. But we knew what you meant.)

Edited by 27Socal

Hahah! The faces the guard makes around the trump poster!

• Like 1

Yeah! Crowd goes nuts for that ending! Very much like Bluecoats ending last year with the cacophony of sound!

• Like 1

Well, I'm glad I gave this Cavies show another chance. I definitely like it more than I did before and their brass sounds MILES better than they did at the beginning of the year (or really since the 2000's in my opinion).

I'm still not a fan of the brass writing for the trumpets and the "ugly" narration (and narration that isn't cohesive. BK is the only corps that does narration well) and the singing in the ballad (stop singing in drum corps, it just sounds bad!), but overall this corps definitely impressed me with this performance.

Just please be more minimalist next year like you were in 2014 Cavies please!!

• Like 1

Trombones do a "viper" like move. Neat.

• Like 1

Yeah! Crowd goes nuts for that ending! Very much like Bluecoats ending last year with the cacophony of sound!

I think the cavies are back to full strength!

• Like 1

Hot ####, Cavs have an attitude and I love it. They are going to ram it down your throat and not care. Awesome. Took me some time but I dig this show.

• Like 1