Madison Scouts 2017

I think the hires are a good hire personally. The Blue Devil Organization as a whole has nothing but quality instructors across the board.

• Like 2

People need to also realize , it's not just about a staff member ( even wonderful ones ) it is very much about the Admin. and all who feel they have a say in the direction. I have seen great staff fail and succeed based very much on the thought process on where things need to go and how willing are all involved to get there.

Bold move by the Scouts organization! I applaud their decision...best of luck with this new great staff.

• Like 1

I know others who have asked & the response is exactly what you would expect it to be, the typical & usual canned response. He/she did a great job with BDB, We think he/she can take us to the next level. Blah blah blah.

How many top drum corps recruit instructors from open class corps?

I myself, through direct conversations with both Chris and Greg, have had the exact opposite response - open, honest and thorough. But I do know others

who get more what you're talking about....and those people always seem to start those inquiries with an accusatory and/or combative tone.

I personally wouldn't want to engage such people with more than a canned response either. But Chris and Greg show much more patience to them than I would.

But believe what you want and act accordingly....and one day, if you just hang in there long enough, you might even persuade the staff to bring back the spats!!!

• Like 1

I'll just repeat my request from prior years:

Madison Scouts: Music from "The Incredibles."

I am aware that the movie is now more than a decade old, and that the score has already been done by Impulse, not to mention numerous high schools. Don't care. That movie score was made for Madison.

• Like 1

I'll just repeat my request from prior years:

Madison Scouts: Music from "The Incredibles."

I am aware that the movie is now more than a decade old, and that the score has already been done by Impulse, not to mention numerous high schools. Don't care. That movie score was made for Madison.

It's a great score. I would like to see the corps do music from Michael Giacchino in general, what a great writer!

I would like to see them do the music by Han Zimmer from "Man of Steele" & either "Batman vs Superman" or "The Justice League".

• Like 1

I would like to see them do the music by Han Zimmer from "Man of Steele" & either "Batman vs Superman" or "The Justice League".

I dig it!

This is @DrumCorpsClips' on Twitter's featured clip today for #HalloweenScreamers:

https://twitter.com/DrumCorpsClips/status/791765962936623104

Ballet in Brass is about as classic as it gets for Madison. You can kind of hear some 2001-era arranging influences in this version (screamers be ######), but it works as well as any other rendition of that tune from them.

What would it take to see an updated 2017 version on the field? Is it even possible, or is a musical focus like that just not rewarded enough competitively to be feasible? Or worse, would current trends render it so unrecognizable and disjointed so as to leave well enough alone?

Something to think about.

• Like 1