2017 Boston Crusaders

Got to visit BAC yesterday.  In the rain.  Didn't stay long so never heard the brass line.  Saw the guard (awesome), heard some of the drum line (wow) and heard some of the pit synth stuff getting put together.  The Castleton facility is terrific especially with the covered section above the field.  Allows much work to continue on a "field' in the rain and stay dry.  Took my daughter so she could see what ST camp looks.  She fell in love with the guard (yay) is now inspired and wants to take what she saw back to her HS band.  She has a long time til BAC, she's only 14.  Can't wait to see BAC June 14 in Boston.  everyone there is very excited I had a different sense of the corps from the last time I visited Castleton.  More mature feel to this group.  And there is no question the instruction is different.  Focused and fast paced.  Love how this group teaches and works the kids.

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

Got to visit BAC yesterday.  In the rain.  Didn't stay long so never heard the brass line.  Saw the guard (awesome), heard some of the drum line (wow) and heard some of the pit synth stuff getting put together.  The Castleton facility is terrific especially with the covered section above the field.  Allows much work to continue on a "field' in the rain and stay dry.  Took my daughter so she could see what ST camp looks.  She fell in love with the guard (yay) is now inspired and wants to take what she saw back to her HS band.  She has a long time til BAC, she's only 14.  Can't wait to see BAC June 14 in Boston.  everyone there is very excited I had a different sense of the corps from the last time I visited Castleton.  More mature feel to this group.  And there is no question the instruction is different.  Focused and fast paced.  Love how this group teaches and works the kids.

Thanks for that update..  Also, glad to hear the Drum Corps activity ( and Boston )  apparently won over a new young fan, LabMaster!

• Like 2

LM, I must have just missed you.  I got up there during ensemble Saturday night and I left around 9 am on Monday due to the weather and also the fact that I seem to have an uncanny knack for being in town for laundry days.  :)    I agree with your assessments.  Everyone is working very hard (I noticed what used to be 3 hour rehearsal blocks are now 4 and in some cases 5).  I also noticed that all the caption heads were present and teaching their butts off.  It would seem as though everyone thinks they have something to prove.....

Morale seemed great (maybe the puppy helped..lol).   The members seem motivated and as usual, the food was steller. I love Castleton; the mountain scenery around Killington is awesome.   Just wish it wasn't 4 hours away.

• Like 4

On 5/29/2017 at 9:32 AM, George Dixon said:

cute dog - did he used to work with Cadets last season or Carolina Crown? ;-)

Dog days of summer is coming. 

• Like 2

Killington Ski Resort is only about 30-40 minute ride away from Boston's Vermont camp, and a few of the fanatical die hard skiers were up there still skiing on machine packed powder on one of the remaining open slopes.. 2 days away from June..... lol

Edited by BRASSO

1 hour ago, craiga said:

LM, I must have just missed you.  I got up there during ensemble Saturday night and I left around 9 am on Monday due to the weather and also the fact that I seem to have an uncanny knack for being in town for laundry days.  :)    I agree with your assessments.  Everyone is working very hard (I noticed what used to be 3 hour rehearsal blocks are now 4 and in some cases 5).  I also noticed that all the caption heads were present and teaching their butts off.  It would seem as though everyone thinks they have something to prove.....

Morale seemed great (maybe the puppy helped..lol).   The members seem motivated and as usual, the food was steller. I love Castleton; the mountain scenery around Killington is awesome.   Just wish it wasn't 4 hours away.

Yup, just missed you.  We got there at 10.  It is a long ride.  3 hours from southern NH with a couple of quick stops.  Even my daughter thought it was really remote.  The overall rehearsal schedule looks very full and yet there is no question there is individual demand on the MM's to be respectful of their daily activity.  Like I said there is a different sense of attitude in the MM's.  There's an edge to these kids.  I think that bodes well.  I would have brought my dogs but they'd have been crazed with almost 200 new "friends".

• Like 1

6 hours ago, emc2 said:

Lucky favorite treat are carrots.  He likes to roll in the mud and swim in the water.  It's good to see the kids smile when people bring their dogs around.

Lucky omg :babies:.   I bet he's a good boy.   

(thanks for the camp updates from those who attended this weekend).  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Lucky omg :babies:.   I bet he's a good boy.   

(thanks for the camp updates from those who attended this weekend).  

You can get a look at lucky on my post just added.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, emc2 said:

You can get a look at lucky on my post just added.

He is a great dog.