2017 Boston Crusaders

1 hour ago, MikeRapp said:

How is this different from past seasons, without being too specific.

Once the new caption heads were hired, everything started to improve from there.  Management allowed them to do their thing with probably little interference and the up coming season's plan was put together.  (Not having been around the corps, these are just my feelings from how the corps has changed starting shortly after last years finals.)

On 7/20/2017 at 5:46 PM, craiga said:

DrumMan, is tonight your first live viewing of BAC?   If so, ENJOY!  The videos don't even come close to capturing the energy from the

se performers.

Oops, missed this.  

That it was, and I am dying to see the show again tom.......TODAY!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, PRPhan4ever said:

Yes they ARE actual "quotes" and I recall SEEING a movie with that EXACT verbiage, and the voice sounds eerily familiar but I just cannot for the life of me figure out what movie of who it may be.  It's clear it's digitized, and I even looked it up and the words are exact... Darn!!!!!  That voice has been in my head since I watched the Orlando FL vid.... it's almost an evil premonition!  NO pun intended... The NEW video has poor audio for the voice overs - but it's still there!

I had no idea that they were actual quotes...that's pretty neat. :)

9 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

Those of you who are long time Boston fans and or alums, can you relay what is different this year as compared to previous years? I am wondering how many of their best marching members they retained vs previous years, and how many age out level members they got compared to past seasons.

Also, the approach to show design seems far different. Boston was always earnest in their attempts to do great shows, but this year it seems at a whole other level. Is it just the more experienced talent from other corps?

Those of you who are long time Boston fans and or alums, can you relay what is different this year as compared to previous years?

Some of the obvious biggest difference lies in key staff additions in the captions of brass, battery, front ensemble, and guard. In addition, an entire new design team sans Ryan George the brass arranger.  The staff additions are the best of the best in this activity no doubt.

I am wondering how many of their best marching members they retained vs previous years, and how many age out level members they got compared to past seasons.

Retention numbers I do not know. There is not going to be a huge amount of age-outs from what I've heard...this MAY bode well for them next season.

Also, the approach to show design seems far different. Boston was always earnest in their attempts to do great shows, but this year it seems at a whole other level. Is it just the more experienced talent from other corps?

This is a combination of many factors.  New design staff. Some increased level of talent in guard.  And where there has been less experienced and just RAW talent...they have RISEN to a whole new level of performance as well as being trained by very talented and very successful educators.

This RISE has been quite infectious to say the least. I have been supportive, but not been this excited in well over a decade and a half. The start of something big began with humble beginnings not too many moons ago...it has not been without bumps in the road along the way...but it has been a marvelous thing to slowly watch unfold...

Edited by Liahona
  • Like 6

The Boston Crusaders enjoyed on Friday a Barbecue TEXAS STYLE! Do it BIG or don't do it at all! ...haha :bigsmile:

DFSqkhnUQAAe6Ee.jpg

Edited by Liahona
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Liahona said:

The Boston Crusaders enjoyed on Friday a Barbecue TEXAS STYLE! Do it BIG or don't do it at all! ,,,haha :bigsmile:

DFSqkhnUQAAe6Ee.jpg

Very generous Texas families and Corps supporters, y'all. Hook 'em Saders!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, BRASSO said:

its the marinara sauce, but can't give the info away as its a family secret recipe.

Just sayin'

Heard they flew more in...great sauce/gravy!

2fd1cb6919a99faa1808dfba0c7731a6--luxury

• Like 1