2017 Boston Crusaders

25 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Got me a show shirt in Belton, the tree one.  Super cool.  

I'm weighing what shirt to get this year.  I've got a three year streak of the first shirt I like and buy being the silver medalist.

3 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

I'm weighing what shirt to get this year.  I've got a three year streak of the first shirt I like and buy being the silver medalist.

Please buy a Cadets shirt. They'll even ship.

That. Was one hell of a show, Boston!

Bunch of Wicked Pissahs indeed...

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Wow! BAC's guard was in fire tonight! Congrats!

Not sure if typo or pun...

• Like 3

Well well well.  

All my live drum corps experiences happen during this week in Texas, and that goes back to 2010.  The hype around this show was REAL, from myself and everyone else.  

Did it disappoint?

.........this is near the top of the most fun, engaging, intense, and well coordinated shows I've ever experienced live.  Perfectly spaced out effect moments, incredible command of attention from all sections but ESPECIALLY the amazing color guard, incredibly mature and loud brass, fantastic percussion, and all packaged in a show that anyone can get and is entertaining as hell.  

Back after the Muncie broadcast indoors I talked about how fantastic the musical constructions was, I can echo that visually.  Everything was coordinated and staged in an incredibly organic and logical way.  You knew where to look, what to listen for, who was doing what, what story line event was going on, etc.  

And it's all sold by the members who look like they totally buy, sell, and love performing this show.  I don't have to talk to them to know that.  Had a great time talking to one of the people working the souvenir booth before and after the show, it sounds like everything is going about as well as it could.  I told her I don't think there is anything that could make this season not a success, the last time I saw them live was back in 2013 and this corps is transformed.  They're one of the big dogs now.  Told her to tell the members they kick ###.  Cause they are.  

I think I might have to wear the shirt I bought today in San Antonio, this was probably my favorite show I saw live so far this week.  Dying to see it again.  Incredible job.  

• Like 9