2017 Boston Crusaders

Yes they ARE actual "quotes" and I recall SEEING a movie with that EXACT verbiage, and the voice sounds eerily familiar but I just cannot for the life of me figure out what movie of who it may be.  It's clear it's digitized, and I even looked it up and the words are exact... Darn!!!!!  That voice has been in my head since I watched the Orlando FL vid.... it's almost an evil premonition!  NO pun intended... The NEW video has poor audio for the voice overs - but it's still there!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, cowtown said:

so within .5 of Cavies tomorrow? 

Who knows.

Boston finished 13th here at this San Antonio Regionals just a season ago. ( then 14th at the follow up Atlanta Regionals). Amazing turnaround. The sky is the limit for Boston from here on out, imo. They are having fun working hard and then later performing. Morale is super high throughout the Corps. The scores/  placements then take care of themselves.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, PRPhan4ever said:

Yes they ARE actual "quotes" and I recall SEEING a movie with that EXACT verbiage, and the voice sounds eerily familiar but I just cannot for the life of me figure out what movie of who it may be.  It's clear it's digitized, and I even looked it up and the words are exact... Darn!!!!!  That voice has been in my head since I watched the Orlando FL vid.... it's almost an evil premonition!  NO pun intended... The NEW video has poor audio for the voice overs - but it's still there!

a good read.... Second Salem: The Real-Life Prosecution & Paranoia That Inspired J. K. Rowling's 'Fantastic Beasts'

• Like 1

Those of you who are long time Boston fans and or alums, can you relay what is different this year as compared to previous years? I am wondering how many of their best marching members they retained vs previous years, and how many age out level members they got compared to past seasons.

Also, the approach to show design seems far different. Boston was always earnest in their attempts to do great shows, but this year it seems at a whole other level. Is it just the more experienced talent from other corps?

1 hour ago, MikeRapp said:

Those of you who are long time Boston fans and or alums, can you relay what is different this year as compared to previous years? I am wondering how many of their best marching members they retained vs previous years, and how many age out level members they got compared to past seasons.

Also, the approach to show design seems far different. Boston was always earnest in their attempts to do great shows, but this year it seems at a whole other level. Is it just the more experienced talent from other corps?

First and foremost Quality staff.  New teaching philosophy and culture.  Experienced staff for how the season should develop.  Veteran mm's.  Good quality mm's.  Hard working org with a plan and a singleness of purpose.  Totally thought out package.

show design was planned from the start, through season development and to finals.  Constant hard work, care and live of these kids.  Everyone is loving what they do.

The leadership let's the staff do what they do best and takes good care of the most important element; the kids.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

First and foremost Quality staff.  New teaching philosophy and culture.  Experienced staff for how the season should develop.  Veteran mm's.  Good quality mm's.  Hard working org with a plan and a singleness of purpose.  Totally thought out package.

show design was planned from the start, through season development and to finals.  Constant hard work, care and live of these kids.  Everyone is loving what they do.

The leadership let's the staff do what they do best and takes good care of the most important element; the kids.

And the supportive alumni are spectacular.  You guys are really something to admire.  And I do.  

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

How is this different from past seasons, without being too specific.

18 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

The staff they hired is just better. Not to bag on their older team but the guys from Cadets and Crown have won their respective captions and designed championship shows in the past couple of years. Kudos to Boston for being so financially strong and having a plan for their corps future. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MikeRapp said:

its the marinara sauce, but can't give the info away as its a family secret recipe.

Just sayin'

• Like 4