2017 Boston Crusaders

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

There's that jet again.

He sure does LOVE the Dassault's Falcon 2000 ...cost just around 4 to 5 mill now...310 built since 1993...yes I'm a airplane geek...haha :)

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Liahona said:

He sure does LOVE the Dassault's Falcon 2000 ...cost just around 4 to 5 mill now...310 built since 1993...yes I'm a airplane geek...haha :)

That there is what was once called, "Prime article". Great jet choices BAC!

15 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

I am wondering how many of their best marching members they retained vs previous years

I heard from a reliable source recently that BAC's retention level this season was 2nd only to the Blue Devils. 

• Like 3

Just now, Ediker said:

I heard from a reliable source recently that BAC's retention level this season was 2nd only to the Blue Devils. 

Even if Boston was 4th or 5th in retention of mm after 2016, and other than the guard, they might not have your average annual number of age outs this year.  The auditions for next year may be very interesting and competitive.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ediker said:

With what Boston is putting in place regarding  top tier instructional staff,  proper care and consideration of its MM's, well designed and entertaining, compelling shows, the retention level can be expected to be high this off season as well with the Boston Crusaders, imo.

• Like 1

Just now, BRASSO said:

With what Boston is putting in place regarding  top tier instructional staff,  proper care and consideration of its MM's, well designed and entertaining, compelling shows, the retention level can be expected to be high this off season as well with the Boston Crusaders, imo.

Boston has always been a great organization, but it seems to me that the new staff has instilled a level of confidence and commitment to the concepts that are unprecedented for BAC. No doubt there were a ton of ideas that these guys and gals brought to Boston from Cadets and Crown that they were dying to implement. It shows. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

To be fair to the previous staff, the new staff apparently has unprecedented resources to work with. 

Does artistic freedom count as a resource?

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, MikeRapp said:

To be fair to the previous staff, the new staff apparently has unprecedented resources to work with. 

Yes, and I won't soon forget the recent Boston Crusaders Corps that showed lots of moxie to really finish their seasons so strong at the end of their season. They might have moved on some of them, but they share in the joy with this rejuvenated edition of the Boston Crusaders too, imo.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Liahona said:

The Boston Crusaders enjoyed on Friday a Barbecue TEXAS STYLE! Do it BIG or don't do it at all! ...haha :bigsmile:

DFSqkhnUQAAe6Ee.jpg

POINT: that's not barbecue. That's grilling.

Barbecue requires the use of indirect heat (smoking, not setting the meat over an open flame).

Texas style barbecue involves wood chips or lump charcoal producing smoke to go across the meat. It's like a seven-hour process.

That said, that looks tasty.