2017 Boston Crusaders

What really is the reason for this question? Do you have skin in the game here? Are you a huge donor to Boston? You can't tell me that you are altruistic and are concerned for BAC spending too much money and ultimately causing them to fold. I doubt the sincerity of that. Idle curiosity? Not believable IMO. No one has taken BAC seriously before now. How come the change of heart?

not claiming any motive at all other than what i said earlier -- wading through the bs. there are obviously all kinds of things floating through the interwebs right now (see Klesch and Harloff to Cadets) and one of them triggered this inquiry. facts are better than rumors.

no change of heart involved -- in fact my posting history reveals a generally positive skew towards BAC in the past -- even this year when many panned the program. i'll stand on that record.

not claiming any motive at all other than what i said earlier -- wading through the bs. there are obviously all kinds of things floating through the interwebs right now (see Klesch and Harloff to Cadets) and one of them triggered this inquiry. facts are better than rumors.

no change of heart involved -- in fact my posting history reveals a generally positive skew towards BAC in the past -- even this year when many panned the program. i'll stand on that record.

Ok...fair enough...thank you.

you're suspecting some other motive because of the crown staff change. let's just wait and see what crown does. then i'll tell you how I feel. i will say this -- only one of the departures truly surprised me

There is too much speculation out there right now...some of it a little disconcerting for Crown if true...I'm the one who called out that troll which caused the vitriol response from that poster...I was defending Crown's position...

• Like 1

There is too much speculation out there right now...some of it a little disconcerting for Crown if true...I'm the one who called out that troll which caused the vitriol response from that poster...I was defending Crown's position...

deleted my whole post and decided to just wait and see :-)

• Like 1

looking forward to what this new direction brings at BAC in 2017!!

Welcome to DCP !.... ( your 1st post )...

looking forward to what this new direction brings at BAC in 2017!!

Welcome to the forums! Nice first post...and of course love your screen name too...haha

so you're suggesting that no loans are involved in financing the talent acquisition? that would be good news if true. i can't imagine it would be a great idea to borrow money for creative staff who -- in the end -- can't really contribute a whole lot to the bottom line.

While I do like to think I know a few things about the Boston Crusaders, I am not a person with insider information regarding the Boston Crusaders, though I do know some of the people on the board, and we do talk about the corps, and it's always about the kids, how great they are, how hard they work, etc. The finances of the corps are never discussed. I don't ask, they don't disclose, so what I am saying is speculative, but I am fairly well versed in the non-profit world. Banks and financial institutions are very particular about lending to non-profits. Most lending institutions would assume a non-profit would be able to cover operating expenses and salaries and if they can't, a loan would be too risky. There could be many reasons the corps took out a loan, and it is possible that a loan freed up money to recruit new staff, but I would say it's very unlikely a direct loan was taken out to acquire new staff.