2017 Boston Crusaders

nah it's the latest data on guidestar. that's why i posted the question here. guidestar is frequently 2 or 3 fiscal years behind.

OK, full disclosure, I am not a BAC honk, in fact BAC canned the person who got me into drum corps. He was the much maligned drill designer for Animal Farm and Conquest, so I can be a little prickly about that ... However, I have also been paying attention to what the BOD has been doing, and from what I see, they have been smart with all their IAM financial moves. I doubt very seriously that they have been putting a second mortgage on their houses. No, they are business savvy, and have been leveraging their community position so that now they can make a move. That is the long and the short of it. Good business personnel make good business personnel decisions. Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 2

OK, full disclosure, I am not a BAC honk, in fact BAC canned the person who got me into drum corps. He was the much maligned drill designer for Animal Farm and Conquest, so I can be a little prickly about that ... However, I have also been paying attention to what the BOD has been doing, and from what I see, they have been smart with all their IAM financial moves. I doubt very seriously that they have been putting a second mortgage on their houses. No, they are business savvy, and have been leveraging their community position so that now that can make a move. That is the long and the short of it. Good business personnel make good business personnel decisions.

iow you have no idea. thanks :colgate:

twitter feed for the "sleeper" bus company that carried Boston during tour this summer - interesting layout to this bus - impressive

https://twitter.com/bus124257524

(if posted already, sorry!)

so you're suggesting that no loans are involved in financing the talent acquisition? that would be good news if true. i can't imagine it would be a great idea to borrow money for creative staff who -- in the end -- can't really contribute a whole lot to the bottom line.

I'm not suggesting anything. My response was to try and explain that Inspire gets money from many different sources. And with all do respect to all involved in this conversation about finances, I won't be commenting further because quite honestly I don't have the knowledge/info needed.

• Like 1

I'm not suggesting anything. My response was to try and explain that Inspire gets money from many different sources. And with all do respect to all involved in this conversation about finances, I won't be commenting further because quite honestly I don't have the knowledge/info needed.

thanks for your frank and clear response.

thanks for your frank and clear response.

May I ask why you are so concerned about the finances? Are you worried that Boson bit off more than they could chew and might fold?

May I ask why you are so concerned about the finances? Are you worried that Boson bit off more than they could chew and might fold?

Honestly just trying to wade through all the bulls##t. A couple posters here seemed very in tune with these kinds of details so I thought I'd ask.

They have been very successful at fundraising and obtaining and grants. It has been reported publicly that this year's "Concert In The Park" raised close to $250,000 in corporate money. Inspire owns a building with paying tenants. They have a very successful and profitable music festival program. They have an instrumental music store (authorized Yamaha dealer/distributor. not sure if I have that term correct.) That's just a few things that I know of. Much of the financial stability of the Corps, is due to the hard work of the 40+ person BOD. IN MY OPINION....... I don't know if the organization would be in as good a financial shape with a smaller board.

The Boston Crusaders have people in its current Mgt, and on its 40 member BOD that are smart, saavy, and from diverse backgrounds and occupations. Some are from the Education field, but most work in the Business world. These people have contacts in the world of Finance, and the Boston Crusaders have been able to tap into thse contacts like never before in their fundraising efforts. Boston has reached into the community neighborhoods itself in Boston, from the Mayor on down, to local neighborhood leaders, and like never before too. By Mgt freely GIVING these people their time and effort to make a difference in the neighborhoods in the community, local leaders have noticed this and other corporate people have taken note of this outreach. The networking provided the Boston Crusaders their Keith Lockhart, Boston Pops concert.... the Tanglewood concert... the Presidential Inauguration parade.... all efforts, furthering Boston's contacts.... it snowballs. but it comes about thru long hours, many phone calls, knocking on doors, etc . If you have to raise money for something, Boston is a pretty good place to do so, provided you have a plan, and the smart and saavy people to implement that strategic plan. The Boston Crusaders now have that, and it should get even better, imo in the coming years, as the Mgt team is of a good age and possesses the energy, and desire to see their hard working efforts come to fruition. The goal is to create an environment in Boston for staffers and marchers alike that is as 1st rate as can be for both. If that is successful, then the " placements " that some people seem so concerned about, should take care of itself as a natural byproduct of the creation of an excellent environment from which to work one's creativities to the max.

Edited by BRASSO