2017 Boston Crusaders

Thanks. I was aware of the Bevilaqua kids going to Garfield and the irony of him pushing a winner never quits and a quitter never wins axiom. Didn't know about Anthony Jr. Going.

George Bevilaqua ( the father ) moved as a marcher in the early 50's from the I.C. Queensmen in Massachusetts ( cymbal player ) to St. Joe's in Newark, N.J. ( as DM ), then back to the Boston Crusaders as their DM, ... then later to BAC's Corps Directorship, and later into DCI's Hall of Fame. So there is nothing really new here, as the culture to move from Corps to Corps has been in existence since forever, and the Bevilaqua's did not do anything unusual here in the least. I talked to George Sr. a couple of years back and we had a friendly & wonderful chat about the " good old days ", where the " good old days " were both " good ", and sometimes "a challenge ". Also, nothing new with that either ( haha!)

Edited by BRASSO

For the record, although BAC may be viewed by some as a "stepping stone corps", that hasn't been the case, at least not in a substantial way. While some new members obviously may come to BAC with the possible intent of "moving up" in a year or two, my experience has been that most age out with the corps if they are able to. (There are a substantial number of college kids in the hornline from Florida, and many have some kind of required summer internship that they have to complete before graduation, so I have seen a bunch not able to age out because of that). It would seem that many members find the sense of comaradie and tradition at Boston has quite a lasting effect on them.

In fact, during the past couple of seasons, migration out of BAC has been quite limited (6-10 members per year) despite the back to back 10th place finishes. The Florida internship thing is likely to draw more members away from Boston each year than other corps.

I promise: I'll never bring it up again, as long as people quit posting BS about it.

Just stop calling it a scientific theory please :)

For the record, although BAC may be viewed by some as a "stepping stone corps", that hasn't been the case, at least not in a substantial way. While some new members obviously may come to BAC with the possible intent of "moving up" in a year or two, my experience has been that most age out with the corps if they are able to. (There are a substantial number of college kids in the hornline from Florida, and many have some kind of required summer internship that they have to complete before graduation, so I have seen a bunch not able to age out because of that). It would seem that many members find the sense of comaradie and tradition at Boston has quite a lasting effect on them.

In fact, during the past couple of seasons, migration out of BAC has been quite limited (6-10 members per year) despite the back to back 10th place finishes. The Florida internship thing is likely to draw more members away from Boston each year than other corps.

Good info, Craiga... much of it new insights regarding memberships that I was not aware of.

Just posted on the Crusaders' Facebook page........

Very fine adds.

In related news the Postmaster General has just announced the creation of a new zip code for the new community of Garfield, Massachusetts, a dynamic section in Greater Boston.

Lain Moyer and Zach Schilcher added to Boston staff front Ensemble.

Old news

It's only old for those who have already read it...lol...but yeah...he never pays attention to previous postings other than the last post...that is obvious.