Cadets 2017

6 hours ago, Kamarag said:

I'll echo what Xanandl said, watch anything from the Reading Buccaneers over the past decade. Bobby is a *master* at staging brass and percussion. His work for Bucs last summer was, in my opinion, his best yet. That show was incredibly well designed, without being overly hard (Reading had gotten into an arms race with themselves over the last five or six years, and backed it off a tad for 2016).

His high school drill is also very, very good, particularly his work with Liberty HS in Maryland. I've judged them on a number of occasions, and he always writes with the music in mind.

He wrote the drill for the band I teach back in 2013. Did a nice job staging our small band.

7 hours ago, corpsband said:

You might be surprised.  Having capacity in the "sweet spot" is a really good thing.  One of the biggest issues with MetLife is the uncertainty with the site.  The Biebs can just add a date and knock you out at short notice.

Anyway the Red Bull venue will turn out well for YEA.    Fans now have experience with Talen/PPL and know it's an exceptional drum corps venue.  

I was at the Talen show this past summer...it is an AMAZING venue to experience a drum corps show.

Red Bull will be fine, but as I noted I worry about the outside portion having enough space and access.

1 hour ago, MikeD said:

I was at the Talen show this past summer...it is an AMAZING venue to experience a drum corps show.

Red Bull will be fine, but as I noted I worry about the outside portion having enough space and access.

Google Maps shows a lot empty lots in the area.  Are any of them going to be asphalt?  

If not I could imagine a them closing a street or two to create space for the corps.

What John and Mike have said. Cadets are in good hands with Bobby Jones. He knows his stuff, no question.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, corpsband said:

Google Maps shows a lot empty lots in the area.  Are any of them going to be asphalt?  

If not I could imagine a them closing a street or two to create space for the corps.

Most are dirt, from my recollection. I'll have to drive by next time I am over there to get the lay of the land....next week, actually. Some of the businesses may allow them to park in their lots. Maybe they can close a side road....not sure if the town would go for that. Frank E Rodgers South is the only main road that has access, and that is a local type road with lights....I've seen the town a total mess when an event is happening. Oh, well, I'm sure they'll work it out. The stadium does look like a great place for a show.

10 hours ago, Kamarag said:

I'll echo what Xanandl said, watch anything from the Reading Buccaneers over the past decade. Bobby is a *master* at staging brass and percussion. His work for Bucs last summer was, in my opinion, his best yet. That show was incredibly well designed, without being overly hard (Reading had gotten into an arms race with themselves over the last five or six years, and backed it off a tad for 2016).

His high school drill is also very, very good, particularly his work with Liberty HS in Maryland. I've judged them on a number of occasions, and he always writes with the music in mind.

having known Bobby for 20+ years, and seeing him grow as a designer ( didnt he do Crossmen in 06 too?)......he knows his stuff. he challenges the performers, yet makes sure it can still be achieved. His designs over the last decade have truly brought DCA up to current standards.

7 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

I can't say I am excited they kept the same head designer given that they placed 8th in guard last year and what, 6th in 2015? You'd think they would have made that change too. 

Joe has done well elsewhere. concept helps a lot too

I can't say I am excited they kept the same head designer given that they placed 8th in guard last year and what, 6th in 2015? You'd think they would have made that change too.