Cadets 2017

6 hours ago, Liahona said:

The Metro-North Railroad also goes to Harrison NY from Grand Central Station in Manhattan and also the 125th Street Station...you have to take the "local" train though as the express first stop is Stamford , CT.

My restaurant recommendation is Tratoria Vivolvo if you like Italian food...no this is not a cheap place to eat but it is not overly pricey either...I HIGHLY recommend this place...the restaurant is directly across the street from the Harrison train station.  Don't let the "diner look" on the outside deter you from their upscale Italian dishes in an unassuming setting. If you are used to NY restaurant prices then I'd say it's reasonably priced. Wednesday hours are 12pm - 3pm and 4:30pm - 9pm. I absolutely LOVE the calamari fritti and the lasagna al forno.  Oh and don't be afraid to order an Italian dish that is not on the menu...the chef there is VERY accommodating. You will not be disappointed. Website: http://www.trattoriavivolo.com/  ...You can also call ahead for reservations...I like to personally sit in the back...more room back there...

Hmmm....sounds like a nice place to eat, but it is a loooooong trip to the show in Harrison, NJ after dinner.   :lle:

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Hmmm....sounds like a nice place to eat, but it is a loooooong trip to the show in Harrison, NJ after dinner.   :lle:

LOL..I'm an idiot....I would have been at the wrong place...well I'm sure I would have figured it out..day of show..thanks...and I already bought my tickets...hahaha

This completely changes my plans now...looks like I will stay overnight in philly area now considering I'm going to Chester show as well...now I'm contemplating going to Friday show at a-town...will be there Saturday...

Edited by Liahona
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Liahona said:

LOL..I'm an idiot....I would have been at the wrong place...well I'm sure I would have figured it out..day of show..thanks...and I already bought my tickets...hahaha

This completely changes my plans now...looks like I will stay overnight in philly area now considering I'm going to Chester show as well...now I'm contemplating going to Friday show at a-town...will be there Saturday...

How's the neighborhood there in Harrison, NY?   Is it OK to walk around?  :lol:

Just bustin'.  Enjoy all those shows... a cool road trip!!!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, corpsband said:

ok.  i would not mind hearing this again...

I'm not one for rehashing the past but with electronics, choir groups, it can be pretty magical if done correctly.

5 minutes ago, Tobias said:

I'm not one for rehashing the past but with electronics, choir groups, it can be pretty magical if done correctly.

Agree.  Could be a really cool show if things are well integrated. But unless they've discovered the next Alan Titus, I hope they avoid Celebrant vocals and orchestrate those strictly in the brass section.

Edited by corpsband
  • Like 1