Cadets 2017

Well they have a new set of eyes looking at things now so hopefully they put together a cohesive design with the proper demand, nuances and depth getting them back up into top grouping. 

5 minutes ago, Tobias said:

Well they have a new set of eyes looking at things now so hopefully they put together a cohesive design with the proper demand, nuances and depth getting them back up into top grouping. 

The Cadets + Bernstein's Mass could be magical.  Hoping it's so! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, corpsband said:

NO NO NO NO NO NO MORE REHASHES. The Cadets do not do well with rehashes. 

• Like 3

today's moment of drum corps ZEN

Star of Indiana 1990- "Belshazzar's Feast" == how does this relate to Cadets? Almost the entire staff were ex Cadets folks. I've always wondered what Cadets would have done in 88/89/90/91/92/93 if those Star folks were still Cadets staff/designers? Cadets won 1990 - this show however was AMAZING

Particularly - the last ACT -- a show I'd love CROWN to revisit at some stage... Particularly with their current brass staff and new drill guy ;-0

• Like 2

I find it interesting, and great, that "George Hopkins" is a listed EON campaign donor for Phantom Regiment

Maybe not the "bad guy" folks make him out to be!

http://regiment.org/you-did-it-you-helped-us-reach-our-year-end-campaign-goal-thank-you/

4 hours ago, corpsband said:

I don't think that's the plan. But I agree - would be a cool one! It wouldn't be the first time after a "tough stretch" (by Cadets standards) they return to Bernstein for some source material. 1990 comes to mind!

• Like 1

On 1/3/2017 at 4:49 PM, 2000Cadet said:

NO NO NO NO NO NO MORE REHASHES. The Cadets do not do well with rehashes. 

They didn't do well with new stuff in 2016. Just sayin.... My position is if the material has enough depth, you can present it in a totally different way especially with the new modes of instrumentation available to them. 

On 1/3/2017 at 4:12 PM, George Dixon said:

today's moment of drum corps ZEN

Star of Indiana 1990- "Belshazzar's Feast" == how does this relate to Cadets? Almost the entire staff were ex Cadets folks. I've always wondered what Cadets would have done in 88/89/90/91/92/93 if those Star folks were still Cadets staff/designers? Cadets won 1990 - this show however was AMAZING

Particularly - the last ACT -- a show I'd love CROWN to revisit at some stage... Particularly with their current brass staff and new drill guy ;-0

I go back to this show all the time.

The low brass at 3:02 gives me chills every time. 

On 1/3/2017 at 6:21 PM, George Dixon said:

I find it interesting, and great, that "George Hopkins" is a listed EON campaign donor for Phantom Regiment

Maybe not the "bad guy" folks make him out to be!

http://regiment.org/you-did-it-you-helped-us-reach-our-year-end-campaign-goal-thank-you/

He's actually a long-time supporter. He also donated to their new equipment truck few years back. 

YyBqEAm.jpg

• Like 2